How to access a method in the parent class

Iñaki Baz Castillo

9/9/2008 10:07:00 PM

Hi, I'll explain my problem with an example code:

=2D----------------------
module M
def hello
puts "hello !!!"
B.new
end
=09
class B
def initialize
puts "B instance initialized !!!"
bye() <--- ERROR !!!!

class A
include M

def bye
puts "bye !!!"

a =3D A.new
a.hello
=2D----------------------

I want the following behaviour:

irb> a.hello
=3D> "hello !!!"
=3D> "B instance initialized !!!"
=3D> "bye !!!"

But the last bye() gives an error since, of course, "bye" is not defined in=
B=20
class, but in A class.

I know that if it would be:
=2D-----------------
module M

def hello
puts "hello !!!"
bye

irb> a.hellp
=2D-----------------
This works since "bye()" calls the "bye" method in class A. But this is not=
my=20
case.

How could I call A#bye method from M::B class?

Thanks a lot.

=2D-=20
I=C3=B1aki Baz Castillo

22 Answers

Salad

Harold Burton wrote:

> In article <UwXOi.40919$RX.11839@newssvr11.news.prodigy.net>,
> "Al E. Gator" <ho.ho@yahoo.net> wrote:
>

>>dicksucking...
>

> Aaaaah. Al's pissed that he's not getting any. Certainly not from his
> wife, cause she's servicing me. Al, she's good, just peel your fingers
> away from you keyboard and maybe you can enjoy her too.
>
> Snicker.

So if you get sick and lose your home to medical bills we should all
applaud?

And you favor swiftboating (a term denoting smear campaigns started by
right wingers) a child with swiftboating (a term denoting Republican
lies) tactics?

What's funny about righttards like you is how much you hate people. Not
haha funny. Just funny (warranting suspicion; deceitful; underhanded).

The baseness of righttards is appalling.

What's also funny (not haha) is that all the negative qualities of man
are what your type admire. Greed, hate, authoritarianism, envy, death,
destruction, and pestilence are your makeup.

Why not be normal?

Harold Burton

In article <13goj99basle329@corp.supernews.com>,
Salad <oil@vinegar.com> wrote:

> Harold Burton wrote:
>
> > In article <UwXOi.40919$RX.11839@newssvr11.news.prodigy.net>,
> > "Al E. Gator" <ho.ho@yahoo.net> wrote:
> >

> >>dicksucking...
> >

> > Aaaaah. Al's pissed that he's not getting any. Certainly not from his
> > wife, cause she's servicing me. Al, she's good, just peel your fingers
> > away from you keyboard and maybe you can enjoy her too.
> >
> > Snicker.
>
> So if you get sick and lose your home to medical bills we should all
> applaud?
>
> And you favor swiftboating (a term denoting smear campaigns started by
> right wingers) a child with swiftboating (a term denoting Republican
> lies) tactics?
>
> What's funny about righttards like you is how much you hate people. Not
> haha funny. Just funny (warranting suspicion; deceitful; underhanded).
>
> The baseness of righttards is appalling.
>
> What's also funny (not haha) is that all the negative qualities of man
> are what your type admire. Greed, hate, authoritarianism, envy, death,
> destruction, and pestilence are your makeup.
>
> Why not be normal?

And this has to do with my fucking Al's wife, how?

Jeeze, if he'd just get his fat butt up and away from the computer and
pay her some attention, maybe she wouldn't have to turn to me for
satisfaction.

I'm giving him good advice, it's not my fault if he's too stupid to
take it.

Actually, I hope he doesn't, she's good, he doesn't know what he's
missing, and I sure as hell hope he never realizes it.

Snicker.

robw

translation: you get nothing.

"Harold Burton" <hal.i.burton@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <UwXOi.40919$RX.11839@newssvr11.news.prodigy.net>,
> "Al E. Gator" <ho.ho@yahoo.net> wrote:
>

> > dicksucking...
>

> Aaaaah. Al's pissed that he's not getting any. Certainly not from his
> wife, cause she's servicing me. Al, she's good, just peel your fingers
> away from you keyboard and maybe you can enjoy her too.
>
> Snicker.

Al E. Gator

"Harold Burton" <hal.i.burton@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <UwXOi.40919$RX.11839@newssvr11.news.prodigy.net>,
> "Al E. Gator" <ho.ho@yahoo.net> wrote:
>

>> dicksucking...
>

> Aaaaah. Al's pissed that he's not getting any. Certainly not from his
> wife, cause she's servicing me. Al, she's good, just peel your fingers
> away from you keyboard and maybe you can enjoy her too.
>
> Snicker.

right little gomer pigmy, she hates hillbillies,

unlike me, she really hates you gutless, sniveling, whining,
little faggot sissies, and if you had any balls she'd cut them off and feed
them to the gator out back,

your head with the damaged hillbilly brain would be next

MoveOn.DemocrapDailyK00k's

"Al E. Gator" <ho.ho@yahoo.net> wrote in message

> "Harry Hope" <rivrvu@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>>
>> http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/...
>>
>> October 9th, 2007
>>
>> Conservatives target 12-year-old boy and his family in S-CHIP debate
>>
> I heard Limbaugh go after this family,
==============

YOU heard Limbaugh read a Baltimore Sun article exposing the Democrap Fraud
you stupid fuck .

Media Fail at Fact Checking on 12 Year Old Voice of SCHIP; Blogs Pick Up
Slack
By John Stephenson | October 7, 2007 - 21:36 ET
The media piled on when President Bush used his veto pen on this children's
health insurance bill. They tried to drop the absolute moral authority bomb
on it big time and paint him as not caring about children. Now it looks like
a little backfire is on the horizon.

On September 29th, 12 year old Graeme Frost of Maryland got to do the
Democrats' radio address, in which he told his story of how he and his
sister were seriously injured in a car accident, and if it hadn't been for
SCHIP, they wouldn't be here today. The Baltimore Sun did a story on the
family, in which it stated the family couldn't get health insurance through
their work.

"Bonnie Frost works for a medical publishing firm; her husband, Halsey, is
a woodworker. They are raising their four children on combined income of
about $45,000 a year. Neither gets health insurance through work."

There were many others in the media that swallowed the story whole with its
hook. All of them were missing greatly in one major thing, facts.

Freerepublic's icwhatudo, managed to find plenty of missing facts using
google:

"First, Mr. Halsey Frost, Graeme's father, owns his own woodworking design
studio, Frostworks, so his claim that he can't get health insurance through
work is shockingly deceptive. He chooses not to get health care for his
family. Second, Graeme and his sister Gemma attend the very exclusive Park
School, which has a tuition of $20,000 a year, per child. Third, they live
in a 3,000+ square foot home in a neighborhood with smaller homes that are
selling for at least $400,000. "

Dan Collins concludes:

"I'm glad little Graham and his family were able to get help, and I hope
he reaches full rehabilitation. But perhaps the Democrats ought to take more
care in the spokespeople they choose, if they wish to tug at our
heartstrings."

Then again, as Mark Steyn says:

"But who needs facts when you've got the human-interest angle sewn up?"

Roundup of blogosphere reactions at Stop The ACLU

-John Stephenson is editor of Stop The ACLU

zzpat

Al E. Gator wrote:

> I should have known the fat, yellow, gutless, war and draft evading
> dicksucking, men's room addicted,
> drug abusing faggot was lying out his fat ass as usual,
>
> contact the local radio station and ask them why they think it's ok to
> profit
> from hate, lies,derision,racism, gay and woman bashing etc.
> >
> http://mediamatters.org/action_center/limbaugh_station...

Here's how I see it. Limbaugh makes 10's of millions every year. He can
afford all the drugs (legal and otherwise) and health care available.
But in his world, a family making $50,000 is considered rich and worthy
of condemnation because that family wasn't bankrupted by health care costs.

The GOP candidates in the debate last night said Bush's veto will haunt
the party for years to come. But right wing nuts already know they're
going to lose big in 2008 so they're preparing the base for 2010 -
telling them to hate everything the Democrats put forward, including
health care reform and everything that's needed to fix what they did.

--
Impeach Bush
http://zzpat.brav...

Impeach Search Engine:
http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=012146513885108216046:r...

Harold Burton

In article <9D_Oi.57417$Um6.28014@newssvr12.news.prodigy.net>,
"General Gator" <ho.ho@yahoo.net> wrote:

> "Harold Burton" <hal.i.burton@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > In article <UwXOi.40919$RX.11839@newssvr11.news.prodigy.net>,
> > "Al E. Gator" <ho.ho@yahoo.net> wrote:
> >

> >> dicksucking...
> >

> > Aaaaah. Al's pissed that he's not getting any. Certainly not from his
> > wife, cause she's servicing me. Al, she's good, just peel your fingers
> > away from you keyboard and maybe you can enjoy her too.
> >
> > Snicker.
>
> right little gomer pigmy, she hates hillbillies,

Now wonder she's glad she found someone other than you.

no surrender

"zzpat" <zzpatrick@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Al E. Gator wrote:
>

> > I should have known the fat, yellow, gutless, war and draft evading
> > dicksucking, men's room addicted,
> > drug abusing faggot was lying out his fat ass as usual,
*****
Ah, Pity Petty Patty, you again exemplify the fact no one can hate as a lib
can hate.

Tell us, you kiss your mother with that mouth? Which of her body parts
first? Which of them last? <knowing smile>

Dennis

Harold Burton wrote:

> In article <13goj99basle329@corp.supernews.com>,
> Salad <oil@vinegar.com> wrote:
>

>>Harold Burton wrote:

>>>Aaaaah. Al's pissed that he's not getting any. Certainly not from his
>>>wife, cause she's servicing me. Al, she's good, just peel your fingers
>>>away from you keyboard and maybe you can enjoy her too.
>>>
>>>Snicker.
>>
>>So if you get sick and lose your home to medical bills we should all
>>applaud?
>>
>>And you favor swiftboating (a term denoting smear campaigns started by
>>right wingers) a child with swiftboating (a term denoting Republican
>>lies) tactics?
>>
>>What's funny about righttards like you is how much you hate people. Not
>>haha funny. Just funny (warranting suspicion; deceitful; underhanded).
>>
>>The baseness of righttards is appalling.
>>
>>What's also funny (not haha) is that all the negative qualities of man
>>are what your type admire. Greed, hate, authoritarianism, envy, death,
>>destruction, and pestilence are your makeup.
>>
>>Why not be normal?
>

> And this has to do with my fucking Al's wife, how?
>
> Jeeze, if he'd just get his fat butt up and away from the computer and
> pay her some attention, maybe she wouldn't have to turn to me for
> satisfaction.
>
> I'm giving him good advice, it's not my fault if he's too stupid to
> take it.
>
> Actually, I hope he doesn't, she's good, he doesn't know what he's
> missing, and I sure as hell hope he never realizes it.
>
> Snicker.

You're as dumb as a briefcase.

Were you drunk, or stoned on oxy, when you wrote your response?

Harold Burton

In article <13gqf641hngqj8a@corp.supernews.com>,
Salad <oil@vinegar.com> wrote:

> You're as dumb as a briefcase.

Ah, another example of what passes for debate among the left.