Convert special characters from HTML to utf-8 or iso-8859-1

Axel Etzold

9/6/2008 8:05:00 PM

Dear all,

is there a gem available that will transform things like "—" into a long dash, "'" into an apostrophe and so on ?
I think someone posted about this about a week ago, but I can't absolutely find it anymore.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Axel

Ideal für Modem und ISDN: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/s...

1 Answer

Axel Etzold

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 05:05:15 +0900
> Von: "Axel Etzold" <AEtzold@gmx.de>
> An: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org
> Betreff: Convert special characters from HTML to utf-8 or iso-8859-1

> Dear all,
>
> is there a gem available that will transform things like "&#151;" into a
> long dash, "&#39;" into an apostrophe and so on ?
> I think someone posted about this about a week ago, but I can't absolutely
> find it anymore.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Axel

Found it: htmlentities.

Best regards,

Axel
--
Psssst! Schon das coole Video vom GMX MultiMessenger gesehen?
Der Eine für Alle: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/m...