Re: web widget concept, how does it work?

John Pritchard-williams

9/2/2008 10:57:00 AM

This question probably shouldn't be posted on this forum ,but:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

Also (maybe):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...

And also (maybe):

http://widgets....

h4lfl1ng wrote:
> I want to start a simple web project, a small web widget that users with
> blogs/webpages can add to their page (like the meebo me widget). The
> thing
> is that i dont know what the technical concept behind the whole thing
> is,

h4lfl1ng

Well from all those links the most they tell me is what a widget is,
konfabulator has a little more indepth info but thats too specific to the
api and not general enough and it doesnt go into detail how it works, the
basic technologies and concepts. Also this widget will be writen in
ruby/rails so I think this is the right place.. but i could be wrong. Thanks
for the links though, had some interesting info.