compiler for gems

Hans Dampf

9/2/2008 9:03:00 AM

How can I define, which c-compiler should be used installing gems with
c-code on windows?
Is there a possibility to select a compiler (mingw, bcc32, cygwin) or
does it always use msvc?

Tim Hunter

Hans Dampf wrote:
> How can I define, which c-compiler should be used installing gems with
> c-code on windows?
> Is there a possibility to select a compiler (mingw, bcc32, cygwin) or
> does it always use msvc?

By default it's the same compiler that you used to compile Ruby.
Otherwise you could try setting the CC environment variable.

set CC=bcc32

--
RMagick: http://rmagick.ruby...

Roger Pack

Hans Dampf wrote:
> How can I define, which c-compiler should be used installing gems with
> c-code on windows?
> Is there a possibility to select a compiler (mingw, bcc32, cygwin) or
> does it always use msvc?

I know that by default with mingw it'll use what the first "make" and/or
"gcc" is in the path, so setting the path up right may help.
-=R