Blacklisted search terms

Ben Johnson

8/28/2008 8:42:00 PM

I'm building somewhat of a search engine and have been trying to find a
list of blacklisted search terms. Words that I can exclude from the
search, such as "and", "the", "a", etc. I've been looking forever and
can't find anything, any idea where I can find something useful for
this?

Thanks for your help!

John Pritchard-williams

Ben Johnson wrote:
> I'm building somewhat of a search engine and have been trying to find a
> list of blacklisted search terms. Words that I can exclude from the
> search, such as "and", "the", "a", etc. I've been looking forever and
> can't find anything, any idea where I can find something useful for
> this?
>
> Thanks for your help!

Hi Ben,

Try : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/... - there's a link at the
bottom for some other sites that purport to provide 'stop-words' in
various languages...

Cheers !

John

Emmanuel Surleau

Try googling for "stopwords", that's what they're called.

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 10:41 PM, Ben Johnson <bjohnson@contuitive.com>wrote:

> I'm building somewhat of a search engine and have been trying to find a
> list of blacklisted search terms. Words that I can exclude from the
> search, such as "and", "the", "a", etc. I've been looking forever and
> can't find anything, any idea where I can find something useful for
> this?
>
> Thanks for your help!

Ben Johnson

Emmanuel Surleau wrote:
> Try googling for "stopwords", that's what they're called.

Awesome, thanks for your help