Is there an official ruby road map?

John Maclean

8/24/2008 7:07:00 PM

Is there one for Ruby and if not does it really matter?

--
John Maclean - 07739 171 531
MSc (DIC)

6 Answers

matu

john maclean wrote:

> Is there one for Ruby and if not does it really matter?

would be cool to know what matz is planning.

Phlip

matu wrote:
> john maclean wrote:
>
>> Is there one for Ruby and if not does it really matter?
>>

> would be cool to know what matz is planning.

Yes there is this kind of road map. Install Ruby 1.9 and see for yourself!

John Maclean

2008/8/24 Phlip <phlip2005@gmail.com>:
> matu wrote:
>>
>> john maclean wrote:
>>
>>> Is there one for Ruby and if not does it really matter?
>>>

>> would be cool to know what matz is planning.
>
> Yes there is this kind of road map. Install Ruby 1.9 and see for yourself!

Done that.

sloccount build/ruby-1.9.0-r18217/

Totals grouped by language (dominant language first):
ansic: 321501 (51.67%)
ruby: 278132 (44.70%)
yacc: 16395 (2.63%)
sh: 2574 (0.41%)
lisp: 1771 (0.28%)
tcl: 949 (0.15%)
pascal: 633 (0.10%)
sed: 155 (0.02%)
perl: 62 (0.01%)
python: 47 (0.01%)
awk: 36 (0.01%)
asm: 25 (0.00%)

--
John Maclean - 07739 171 531
MSc (DIC)

matu

Phlip wrote:

> Yes there is this kind of road map. Install Ruby 1.9 and see for yourself!

sure. but skim through a "changelog of planned features" would be
comfortable for lazy people like me :)

Gregory Brown

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 5:35 PM, matu <m@t.u> wrote:
> Phlip wrote:
>
>> Yes there is this kind of road map. Install Ruby 1.9 and see for yourself!
>
> sure. but skim through a "changelog of planned features" would be
> comfortable for lazy people like me :)

http://eigenclass.org/hiki/Changes+i...

Though I couldn't find the most up to date one, if there is one.

-greg

--
Technical Blaag at: http://blog.majesticseacr... | Non-tech
stuff at: http://metametta.bl...

Bill Ward

On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 16:56:18 +0100, Earl Evleth wrote:

> On 6/03/11 14:33, in article 4d738d1b$0$10732$426a74cc@news.free.fr,
> "Paul Aubrin" <chu8i443@free.fr> wrote:
>

>> If, as you say, CO2 concentrations are globally the same, those
>> measured in Svalbard, Giessen, Bern, Italy or Scotland during the
>> 1930's and 1940's must surely be representative of the global
>> concentrations then.
>

> You have been duped that all by Beck publishing in junk journal.
>
> So NO, not "surely",not at all.
>
> I suspect you are a non-scientist and a non-chemist. I am both a chemist
> and a scientist.

And post-normal to boot. How dare anyone expect a scientist to answer an
embarrassing question? It's beneath his self-exalted position. ;-)