Ruby Documentation

Tommy Nordgren

8/24/2008 5:58:00 PM

Does the ruby project provide any equivalent to the Python pydoc -g
command, to provide browsable documentation via an embedded web server?
-------------------------------------
This sig is dedicated to the advancement of Nuclear Power
Tommy Nordgren
tommy.nordgren@comhem.se

1 Answer

Erik Hollensbe

Tommy Nordgren wrote:
> Does the ruby project provide any equivalent to the Python pydoc -g
> command, to provide browsable documentation via an embedded web server?

I believe `gem server` can accomplish this for rubygems. However, one
can easily generate html documentation on-disk with the distributed
`rdoc` tool directly, and serve it via normal means.