Searching for memory leaks in my app

edek

8/24/2008 12:50:00 PM

Hi, my RoR 2.1.0 (ruby 1.8.6p116) application leaks the memory.

It's rather not mongrel issue, because I have also custom script that
includes all RoR environment and it does the same.

Are there any tools or methods that would allow me to see where's the
problem? Maybe it's one of the gems? (but how to check it?)

m.
1 Answer

Roger Pack

> Are there any tools or methods that would allow me to see where's the
> problem? Maybe it's one of the gems? (but how to check it?)
>
> m.

There's bleak house, and valgrind, and dike, off the top of my head. Oh
ruby-prof also tracks allocations, though that may not be as useful.
Good luck.
-=R