md5sums/sha1sums for ftp sources

John Maclean

8/22/2008 10:54:00 PM

It seems as if there is an md5sum file to list the files in
ftp://ruby-la... but not for the ruby sources for the stable
and 1.9. How come? As far as the 1.9 series is concerned, are the even
numbers stable or are they gradual improvements?

--
John Maclean - 07739 171 531
MSc (DIC)

12 Answers

Michal Suchanek

On 23/08/2008, john maclean <jayeola@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems as if there is an md5sum file to list the files in
> ftp://ruby-la... but not for the ruby sources for the stable
> and 1.9. How come? As far as the 1.9 series is concerned, are the even
> numbers stable or are they gradual improvements?

The md5sums are on http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/... for the link
posted there (I would say current release but as it often happens the
page is one release back), and in ruby-talk release announcements for
other versions. I also find this state suboptimal but nobody
volunteered to write an up-to-date list of release tarballs so that's
how things are.

As for 1.9 it is not going to be stable at least until it is released
as 2.0. Although there are less visible changes now it is a
development version of Ruby and incompatible changes can still happen.
There are still ongoing discussions about features that are wanted in
the 2.0 release and the best ways to implement them, or at least there
were recent overflows of these discussions into lists I receive.

Thanks

Michal

Poof

On Jun 11, 11:22 pm, AStext <ast...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:26:17 AM UTC+10, Bob Hawke wrote:
> > Gillard is just a left wing FEMMENAZI after her speech about men in blue
>
> > ties.
>
> She certainly loves to pin a big 'kick me' sign on her fat arse.

And she stoops so low to using abortion and children to further her
personal political aims. Now who was is who once said "give me your
children at the tender age of seven and I will have them for life"?

This person knows no bounds and is an embarrassment to this country.
She is a good case for having only Australian born politticians in
such a prominent position of power. That way we might eventually get
someone with Australian values and who actually cares about the
country more than their own power and ego. And yes, I know, Abbott
was also born in the UK.

Keep the ALP and Gillard away friom our children and out of the
schools.

Sanaga the ranga.

dolf

On 12/06/13 11:15 AM, Poof wrote:
> On Jun 11, 11:22 pm, AStext <ast...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:26:17 AM UTC+10, Bob Hawke wrote:
>>> Gillard is just a left wing FEMMENAZI after her speech about men in blue
>>
>>> ties.
>>
>> She certainly loves to pin a big 'kick me' sign on her fat arse.
>
> And she stoops so low to using abortion and children to further her
> personal political aims. Now who was is who once said "give me your
> children at the tender age of seven and I will have them for life"?

It was the Catholic Church which makes such a claim of children.

The abortion drug RU 486 wasn't on the PBS when Tony Abbott was Health
Minister.

> This person knows no bounds and is an embarrassment to this country.
> She is a good case for having only Australian born polit[-]icians in
> such a prominent position of power. That way we might eventually get
> someone with Australian values and who actually cares about the
> country more than their own power and ego. And yes, I know, Abbott
> was also born in the UK.
>
> Keep the ALP and Gillard away from our children and out of the
> schools.
>
> Sanaga the ranga.

Poof

On Jun 12, 2:29 am, dolf <dolfb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/06/13 11:15 AM, Poof wrote:

> >> She certainly loves to pin a big 'kick me' sign on her fat arse.
>
> > And she stoops so low to using abortion and children to further her
> > personal political aims.  Now who was is who once said "give me your
> > children at the tender age of seven and I will have them for life"?
>
> It was the Catholic Church which makes such a claim of children.

In case you missed it, the question was rhetorical and did not require
an answer.

> The abortion drug RU 486 wasn't on the PBS when Tony Abbott was Health
> Minister.

Thanks for that bit of info but again, an answer without a question.

> > This person knows no bounds and is an embarrassment to this country.
> > She is a good case for having only Australian born polit[-]icians in
> > such a prominent position of power.  That way we might eventually get
> > someone with Australian values and who actually cares about the
> > country more than their own power and ego.  And yes, I know, Abbott
> > was also born in the UK.
>
> > Keep the ALP and Gillard away from our children and out of the
> > schools.
>
> > Sanaga the ranga.- Hide quoted text -

dolf

On 12/06/13 1:08 PM, Poof wrote:
> On Jun 12, 2:29 am, dolf <dolfb...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> And she stoops so low to using abortion and children to further her
>>> personal political aims. Now who was is who once said "give me your
>>> children at the tender age of seven and I will have them for life"?
>>
>> It was the Catholic Church which makes such a claim of children.
>

> In case you missed it, the question was rhetorical and did not require
> an answer.
>
>> The abortion drug RU 486 wasn't on the PBS when Tony Abbott was Health
>> Minister.
>>
> Thanks for that bit of info but again, an answer without a question.

Then I suppose with the HPV vaccine, its quiet reasonable to be having
that conversation with children. Perhaps not 7 yo. All boys and girls
aged 12?13 years should have the HPV vaccine. But it mitigates your
claim "using abortion and children to further her personal political aims".

http://www.hpvvacc...

>>> This person knows no bounds and is an embarrassment to this country.
>>> She is a good case for having only Australian born polit[-]icians in
>>> such a prominent position of power. That way we might eventually get
>>> someone with Australian values and who actually cares about the
>>> country more than their own power and ego. And yes, I know, Abbott
>>> was also born in the UK.
>>
>>> Keep the ALP and Gillard away from our children and out of the
>>> schools.
>>
>>> Sanaga the ranga.

bringyagrogalong

UTC+10, dolf wrote:
> Poof wrote:
>
> > And she stoops so low to using abortion and children to further her
> > personal political aims. Now who was is who once said "give me your
> > children at the tender age of seven and I will have them for life"?
>
> It was the Catholic Church which makes such a claim of children.

I think that you're wrong there.

Ex-priest Abbott's church said "give me your children at the tender age of seven and I will fuck them for life"

B J Foster

On 12/06/2013 3:14 PM, dolf wrote:
> On 12/06/13 3:01 PM, Poof jmcchong@hotmail.com wrote:
>> On Jun 12, 5:13 am, dolf <dolfb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> On 12/06/13 1:08 PM, Poof wrote:

>> Dolt - you really do miss the point. But then again you are probably
>> one of those rabid Gillard supporters.
>>

> It was Women for Gillard supporters and how dare you call them rabid

What would you call them?

--
Cleanup Australia Day - 15 September
http://sosnews.org/news/pics2013/labor-d...

Join the ALP, enrolments now open!
http://ww...

Poof

On Jun 12, 4:14 pm, bringyagrogalong <sof...@aapt.net.au> wrote:
> UTC+10, dolf wrote:
> > Poof wrote:
>
> > > And she stoops so low to using abortion and children to further her
> > > personal political aims.  Now who was is who once said "give me your
> > > children at the tender age of seven and I will have them for life"?
>
> > It was the Catholic Church which makes such a claim of children.
>
> I think that you're wrong there.
>
> Ex-priest Abbott's church said "give me your children at the tender age of seven and I will fuck them for life"

Both you and Dolf miss the point of my comment on this thread. And
yes, I know why. You will inject whatever you can into a post in
order to deflect criticism of Gillard or anything ALP or the truth you
can't argue against..

It won't wok. FYI, a chappy called Herr Adolf also spoke those exact
words, and that was my point.

Gillard has stooped so low as to use children and abortion in an
attempt to demonize her opposition and hide her underhanded, total
incompetence. She dare not step outside the sanctuary of a school and
face the voting public who may ask hard and embarrassing
questions..She would rather hide behind school kids and her contrived
rhetoric. After all, what would pubescent kids know? Although she
did manage to find two who were informed enough to play 'sanga the
ranga' with her.

The country can't wait for September at which time you will hear a
giant sigh of relief. I call it blue tie day in memory of the ALPs
demise.

Poof

On Jun 13, 11:42 am, Poof <jmcch...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 12, 4:14 pm, bringyagrogalong <sof...@aapt.net.au> wrote:
>
> > UTC+10, dolf wrote:

> > > It was the Catholic Church which makes such a claim of children.
>
> > I think that you're wrong there.
>
> > Ex-priest Abbott's church said "give me your children at the tender age of seven and I will fuck them for life"
>
> Both you and Dolf miss the point of my comment on this thread.  And
> yes, I know why.  You will inject whatever you can into a post in
> order to deflect criticism of Gillard or anything ALP or the truth you
> can't argue against..
>
> It won't wok. FYI, a chappy called Herr Adolf also spoke those exact
> words, and that was my point.
>
> Gillard has stooped so low as to use children and abortion in an
> attempt to demonize her opposition and hide her underhanded, total
> incompetence.  She dare not step outside the sanctuary of a school and
> face the voting public who  may ask hard and embarrassing
> questions..She would rather hide behind school kids and her contrived
> rhetoric.  After all, what would pubescent kids know?  Although she
> did manage to find two who were informed enough to play 'sanga the
> ranga' with her.
>
> The country can't wait for September at which time you will hear a
> giant sigh of relief.  I call it blue tie day in memory of the ALPs
> demise.

Just saw Gillard giving a rare press interview where, once again she
raged on about how in an Abbott government all you would see are men
in white shirts and blue ties. And who was standing right next to
here throughout all of this - Stephen Smith in a white shirt and a
blue tie. Is she really that dim?

What is this BS about blue ties, and now, white shirts????? Talk
about lack of substance.

dolf

On 13/06/13 1:19 PM, Poof wrote:
> What is this BS about blue ties, and now, white shirts????? Talk
> about lack of substance.

I think it might have something to do with the Blues (NSW) v's Maroons
(Queensland) rugby match when the blues won and Abbott said I'm wearing
a blue tie.

He always wears a blue tie.