using ruby from svn

John Maclean

8/22/2008 3:22:00 AM

I once built ruby 1.X from source and worked out that I needed to
"point it" to where my distribution puts stuff like the gems. Are
there any general recommendations for this case? If I am building 1.9
from svn would it be necessary to build gems or anything else too?

--
John Maclean - 07739 171 531
MSc (DIC)

1 Answer

Ollivier Robert

In article <4170c1720808212025u66508dd6v50d35095e1e8ccd0@mail.gmail.com>,
john maclean <jayeola@gmail.com> wrote:
>there any general recommendations for this case? If I am building 1.9
>from svn would it be necessary to build gems or anything else too?

No, rubygems has been included in the 1.9 trunk for quite a while now.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- EEC/RIF/SEU -=-
Systems Engineering Unit