stop ruby service

Maryam Shoeybi

8/21/2008 6:21:00 PM

I want to stop ruby service on my linux server.

I kill all mongrel_rail process.

but still when i use top command ruby run in my servers.

How can i stop ruby server on my server with out uninstall it?

Thanks

Glen Holcomb

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Maryam Shoeybi <msh_maryam@yahoo.com>wrote:

> I want to stop ruby service on my linux server.
>
> I kill all mongrel_rail process.
>
> but still when i use top command ruby run in my servers.
>
> How can i stop ruby server on my server with out uninstall it?
>
> Thanks

If ruby is running then you still have something running ruby. You could
always kill the ruby process and see who/what complains.

-Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)

Maryam

On Aug 21, 2:31 pm, Glen Holcomb <damnbig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [Note:  parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]
>
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Maryam Shoeybi <msh_mar...@yahoo.com>wrote:
>
> > I want to stop ruby service on my linux server.
>
> > I kill all mongrel_rail process.
>
> > but still when i use top command ruby run in my servers.
>
> > How can i stop ruby server on my server with out uninstall it?
>
> > Thanks
> > --
>
> If ruby is running then you still have something running ruby.  You could
> always kill the ruby process and see who/what complains.
>
> --
> "Hey brother Christian with your high and mighty errand, Your actions speak
> so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying."
>
> -Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)

ok i wnat to kill the ruby process bu i couldnt because pid of ruby
process in top command change very fast?
i want to stop ruby to test my codeh but i dont know how?

Lex Williams

unknown wrote:
> On Aug 21, 2:31�pm, Glen Holcomb <damnbig...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > How can i stop ruby server on my server with out uninstall it?
>> so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying."
>>
>> -Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)
>
> ok i wnat to kill the ruby process bu i couldnt because pid of ruby
> process in top command change very fast?
> i want to stop ruby to test my codeh but i dont know how?

killall ruby

Glen Holcomb

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 12:56 PM, <maryam.shoeybi@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 21, 2:31 pm, Glen Holcomb <damnbig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > [Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Maryam Shoeybi <msh_mar...@yahoo.com
> >wrote:
> >
> > > I want to stop ruby service on my linux server.
> >
> > > I kill all mongrel_rail process.
> >
> > > but still when i use top command ruby run in my servers.
> >
> > > How can i stop ruby server on my server with out uninstall it?
> >
> > > Thanks
> > > --
> >
> > If ruby is running then you still have something running ruby. You could
> > always kill the ruby process and see who/what complains.
> >
> > --
> > "Hey brother Christian with your high and mighty errand, Your actions
> speak
> > so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying."
> >
> > -Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)
>
> ok i wnat to kill the ruby process bu i couldnt because pid of ruby
> process in top command change very fast?
> i want to stop ruby to test my codeh but i dont know how?

Something is running frequently that is spawning different ruby processes,
they aren't lasting very long from the sound of things though. You should
be able to test your code independently of any other ruby code being run
though.

-Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)

Maryam Shoeybi

Glen Holcomb wrote:

>> > --
>>
> Something is running frequently that is spawning different ruby
> processes,
> they aren't lasting very long from the sound of things though. You
> should
> be able to test your code independently of any other ruby code being run
> though.
>
> --
> "Hey brother Christian with your high and mighty errand, Your actions
> speak
> so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying."
>
> -Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)

Thanks guys, all your note was helpful.
now i dont want to uninstall ruby i just want to remove it from Linux or
Apache startup file that dont run ruby anymore which file i should
change?

Glen Holcomb

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Maryam Shoeybi <msh_maryam@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Glen Holcomb wrote:

> > Something is running frequently that is spawning different ruby
> > processes,
> > they aren't lasting very long from the sound of things though. You
> > should
> > be able to test your code independently of any other ruby code being run
> > though.
> >
> > --
> > "Hey brother Christian with your high and mighty errand, Your actions
> > speak
> > so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying."
> >
> > -Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)
>
> Thanks guys, all your note was helpful.
> now i dont want to uninstall ruby i just want to remove it from Linux or
> Apache startup file that dont run ruby anymore which file i should
> change?

Sorry can't help you on that one. I'm not sure how your system is
configured.

-Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)