Grabbing Text From a Website

Kyle Murphy

8/21/2008 7:35:00 AM

Let's say I wanted to make a program that traversed all 125 products on
this page:http://www.menshealth.com/eatthis/Best-Groc..., grabbed
the text from each one, and compiled them into a list in a text file.

First off, is this even possible? If so, can you give me some links or
advice that would aid me in this grand project?

Thank you!

brabuhr

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 3:35 AM, Kyle Murphy <kmurph79@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Let's say I wanted to make a program that traversed all 125 products on
> this page:http://www.menshealth.com/eatthis/Best-Groc..., grabbed
> the text from each one, and compiled them into a list in a text file.
>
> First off, is this even possible? If so, can you give me some links or
> advice that would aid me in this grand project?

I have used: mechanize, scrubyt, and firewatir

http://www.rubyrailways.com/data-extraction-for-web-20-screen-scraping-in...
http://muharem.wordpress.com/2007/09/04/scrape-the-web-...
http://www.johnyerhot.com/2008/05/19/anatomy-of-a-ruby-we...