Re: A Mascot...

Hyaduck, John

8/20/2008 2:06:00 PM

Perhaps the Pickaxe?=20

The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only. =
It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the =
named addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, =
or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify =
us immediately and then destroy it.

From: David A. Black [mailto:dblack@rubypal.com]=20
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 9:51 AM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: A Mascot...

Hi --

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, Mayuresh Kathe wrote:

> The likeliness to the BSD Devil is intentional, Darwin uses a lot of
BSD code.
> The Darwin kernel (Mach) is mostly pure, but the tools and utils layer

> is all BSD.
> Similarly, Hexley is basically the Platypus, but one *wearing* and
> *bearing* the horned hat and trident.
>
> Perl has the camel.
> C and Smalltalk were created in those days when people weren't so much

> interested in mascots :-)
>
> Should I talk with Jon Hooper, the creator of Hexley?
> Or should I wait till we have enough momentum from the list members?

You should talk to Matz. There's no official Ruby mascot unless Matz
chooses one or delegates someone to do so. And, mercifully, he has so
far done neither :-)

David

Intro to Ruby on Rails January 12-15 Fort Lauderdale, FL
Advancing with Rails January 19-22 Fort Lauderdale, FL
See http://www.r... for details and updates!