Easy code generation in Ruby.

Patrick Li

I know how to dynamically create methods and classes in Ruby, but is
there anyway to save these methods to a file?

eg. I'm looking for something like this:
define_method_in_file("File.rb", :myMethod) do
instance_variable_set(:@a, "myString")
end

to produce:
<File.rb>
def myMethod
@a = "myString"
end

Thanks a lot for answering. I'm hoping there's something easier than
having to mess about with templates.
-Patrick

Jason Roelofs

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Patrick Li <patrickli_2001@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I know how to dynamically create methods and classes in Ruby, but is
> there anyway to save these methods to a file?
>
> eg. I'm looking for something like this:
> define_method_in_file("File.rb", :myMethod) do
> instance_variable_set(:@a, "myString")
> end
>
> to produce:
> <File.rb>
> def myMethod
> @a = "myString"
> end
>
> Thanks a lot for answering. I'm hoping there's something easier than
> having to mess about with templates.
> -Patrick

You could try ruby2ruby. http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/...

Jason