Re: Ruby 1.8.7 slower than 1.8.6?

Nate Dog

8/15/2008 3:56:00 PM

Kornelius Kalnbach wrote:
> Akinori MUSHA wrote:
>> It is my pleasure to announce that Ruby 1.8.7 has just been released.
> thank you!
>
> despite the claim of "some performance improvements" (are they
> documented anywhere?): tests with the CodeRay syntax highlighting
> library - which makes heavy use of StringScanner, Regexp and Hashes -
> run about 20-30% slower than they did with 1.8.6. is anybody else
> experiencing slowdowns, too? any ideas where to look for the bottleneck
> before I profile the whole thing?
>
> [murphy]

I haven't found the bottleneck myself but yes, moving to ruby 1.8.7 has
slowed down all my Ruby on Rails tests. All together it now takes 100%
longer. I moved back to 1.8.6 put out by the mod_rails guys:

http://www.rubyenterpriseed...

And the speed of the tests are back to normal.

Bonehead Bush

"Harry Dope" <HHHA@aol.com> wrote in message
> Guess you've never seen Clinton's thunder thighs busting through her pants
> suits.

I don't take hallucinogens. Why do you think it's called dope, DOPE.

Thorkyl

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:22:04 GMT, "Bonehead Bush" <BonedBush@WH.net>
wrote:

>"Harry Dope" <HHHA@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Hillary Wants To Control What Americans Eat
>>

>> Hey, Tubby, step away from the Big Mac!
>
>Laura Bush's ass can't fit through a doorway. That's probably why Bush
>lokes to screw Condi and watch soldiers 'git blowed up, reeeel good'.

Geeze, what a fucking moron. No wonder you are a liberal. You
couldn't be anything else with a fucked uip mind like that.

Deaf Power

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 13:40:24 -0400, Horatio Fudruckerton
<nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:22:04 GMT, "Bonehead Bush" <BonedBush@WH.net>
>wrote:
>

>>"Harry Dope" <HHHA@aol.com> wrote in message
>>> Hillary Wants To Control What Americans Eat
>>>

>>> Hey, Tubby, step away from the Big Mac!
>>
>>Laura Bush's ass can't fit through a doorway. That's probably why Bush
>>lokes to screw Condi and watch soldiers 'git blowed up, reeeel good'.
>>

>Geeze, what a fucking moron. No wonder you are a liberal. You
>couldn't be anything else with a fucked uip mind like that.

Why is he a liberal? It's because you hate America.

--
http://whitehouser.com/politics/impeach-president-bush-cheney-the-white-hous...