Ruby printing to Cgi Error Log

Patrick Li

8/14/2008 2:48:00 PM

Hi guys,
Just a simple question that I can't seem to find anywhere on google.

is there a ruby equivalent for PHP's error_log()?

I'm writing a webpage, and it makes it a lot easier to debug if I could
just write to the error log.

Thanks for your help.
-Patrick

Tommy Morgan

Hi Patrick;
There are a few frameworks in Ruby for handling logging.
The one that comes with Ruby is documented here:
www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/Logger.html

There are also other frameworks available, such as Log4r:
log4r.sourceforge.net/

There are probably others available as well but these are the two with which
I am currently familiar. Either of those should provide the functionality
you are looking for.

--Tommy M.