How can I use Berkeley DB with Ruby?

Siratinee Sukachai

8/14/2008 4:26:00 AM

I'm a Thai student. My teacher ordered me to use Berkeley DB in the term
project. I saw in BDB website that BDB is worked with Ruby but I don't
have any idea to connect it.

Anyone knows how to connect it? I've used mysql in the last project. Now
I want to know is it work if I'll use BDB with Ruby?

WujcioL

Siratinee Sukachai wrote:
> I'm a Thai student. My teacher ordered me to use Berkeley DB in the term
> project. I saw in BDB website that BDB is worked with Ruby but I don't
> have any idea to connect it.
>
> Anyone knows how to connect it? I've used mysql in the last project. Now
> I want to know is it work if I'll use BDB with Ruby?

Try tu use dbm (This is a Ruby extension to DBM library (including
Berkley DB's DBM))

WujcioL

This is example code:

# ruby dbm acess
require "dbm"

d = DBM.open("test")
keys = d.keys
if keys.length > 0 then
for k in keys; print k, "\n"; end
for v in d.values; print v, "\n"; end
else
d['foobar'] = 'FB'
d['baz'] = 'BZ'
d['quux'] = 'QX'

Eric Hodel

On Aug 13, 2008, at 21:26 PM, Siratinee Sukachai wrote:
> I'm a Thai student. My teacher ordered me to use Berkeley DB in the
> term
> project. I saw in BDB website that BDB is worked with Ruby but I don't
> have any idea to connect it.
>
> Anyone knows how to connect it? I've used mysql in the last project.
> Now
> I want to know is it work if I'll use BDB with Ruby?

There are these packages:

http://moulon.inra.fr/ruby...

http://moulon.inra.fr/rub...

Siratinee Sukachai

Eric Hodel wrote:
> On Aug 13, 2008, at 21:26 PM, Siratinee Sukachai wrote:
>> I'm a Thai student. My teacher ordered me to use Berkeley DB in the
>> term
>> project. I saw in BDB website that BDB is worked with Ruby but I don't
>> have any idea to connect it.
>>
>> Anyone knows how to connect it? I've used mysql in the last project.
>> Now
>> I want to know is it work if I'll use BDB with Ruby?
>
> There are these packages:
>
> http://moulon.inra.fr/ruby...
>
> http://moulon.inra.fr/rub...

The links for download is not working right now!!

Siratinee Sukachai

Siratinee Sukachai wrote:
> I'm a Thai student. My teacher ordered me to use Berkeley DB in the term
> project. I saw in BDB website that BDB is worked with Ruby but I don't
> have any idea to connect it.
>
> Anyone knows how to connect it? I've used mysql in the last project. Now
> I want to know is it work if I'll use BDB with Ruby?

Anyone can help me more?
I still have no idea for solve this problem.... :(