Re: Subclassing, using an alternativ constructor

Pit Capitain

8/13/2008 8:01:00 PM

2008/8/13 Christian Koerner <misk@gmx.net>:
> I want to create a subclass of GConf::Client, but using
> GConf::Client.new is deprecated, GConf::Client.default should be used
> instead.

Christian, Class#new calls Object#initialize, not the other way round.
If you want the subclass' #new method to call the superclass' #default
method, you should do it like this:

class Preferences < GConf::Client
def self.new
default

Regards,
Pit

2 Answers

lab~rat >:-)

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:13:11 -0700, gmanda10X@yahoo.com puked:

>On Oct 18, 12:01 pm, Paulie Walnuts <g...@sauditool.gov> wrote:
>> Why support Rudy who's taken the sin of adultery to new lows!
>>
>> Bubba: discrete BJs in the White House - The People's House
>> Rudy: flagrant, in-your-face serial adultery in Gracie Mansion - The
>> People's House
>>
>> Bubba: went home afterward to his family
>> Rudy: let a slut's pussy break up his family
>>
>> Bubba: embarrassed his family when caught and apologized
>> Rudy: embarrassed his family and forsook the affection of his kids for a
>> NY JA Princess-like anti-semitic former sperm receptacle
>>
>> Bubba: Wife forgave him and family remained intact
>> Rudy: Wife despises him, children want little to do with his slut whose
>> company he chooses over theirs.
>>
>> So who in their right minds would vote for an unrepentant adulterer who
>> refuses to even reveal where he met his current penis-pinata (swingers
>> club?), is so pussy-whipped he takes calls from her in the middle of NRA
>> speeches and tells his kids "4Q, I won't see you then," when they insist
>> she stays far away from them? Is it any surprise that his daughter's for
>> Obama???
>>
>> Anyone condemning Clinton's Adultery and still supporting Rudy is a
>> hypocrite who does a better job than the most fervent Clinton supporters
>> in reinforcing their arguments about perspective!
>
>I would support Rudy if necessary because he despises islamo-fascists
>as much as I do.

That's a point, but would the Democrats in congress let us kill them
like the roaches they are?

--
lab~rat >:-)
Stupid humans...

lab~rat >:-)

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:38:20 -0500, Paulie Walnuts <gwb@sauditool.gov>
puked:

>The stand against ragheads is important to me too, however even more so, I
>come out on the side of the TRUE 911 heroes, the NYFD, who hate his
>guts..which resonates even more.

Let me say that killing ragheads will be a big deciding factor in my
vote.

Let me also say that every fireman I know has a screw loose.

--
lab~rat >:-)
Stupid humans...