RSpec output contains ridiculously excessive line returns

elliottcable

8/13/2008 8:39:00 AM

I don't know where else to send this, or I wouldn't bother the general
Ruby list with it.

RCov is outputting really weird markup on my computer: http://pastie....

Snippet:
> lang='en'
> xml:lang='en'
> xmlns='http://www.
> w3.
> org/1999/xhtml'>
>
> <head>
>
> <title>
>
> C0
> code
> coverage
> information
>
> </title>

> type='text/css'>

I'm using the standard Spec::Rake::SpecTask#new method to create a
rcov rake task, and running said task - here's my rake task:
> t.spec_opts = ["--format", "specdoc", "--colour"]
> t.spec_files = Dir['spec/**/*_spec.rb'].sort
> t.libs = ['lib']
> t.rcov = true
> t.rcov_dir = 'meta' / 'coverage'

More confusing yet, it works the 'normal' way - i.e., I create a
runner file like this:
> require 'rubygems'
> require 'spec'
> Dir.glob('test/**/*_spec.rb').each do |f|
> load f.gsub(/\.rb$/, '')
> end

And then run something like this, and it generates clean normal RCov
HTML output:
> rcov --text-summary -Ilib --html spec/runner.rb

It's happening on my friend's computer as well, so it's not a local
problem - I'd really like help debugging this, RCov is a very central
tool in my development process >,>