Interactive Rake Tasks

Steve Martocci

8/12/2008 3:41:00 PM

Anyone have a guide or a good example gem/rake task that prompts the
user for input and does logic based on it?

I want to write an interactive installer for a plugin.

Mohit Sindhwani

Steve Martocci wrote:
> Anyone have a guide or a good example gem/rake task that prompts the
> user for input and does logic based on it?
>
> I want to write an interactive installer for a plugin.

Might be overkill but Radiant CMS has a task called rake dn:bootstrap
that asks some questions at the end. Would that help?

Cheers,
Mohit.
8/13/2008 | 1:30 AM.

Mohit Sindhwani

Mohit Sindhwani wrote:
> Steve Martocci wrote:
>> Anyone have a guide or a good example gem/rake task that prompts the
>> user for input and does logic based on it?
>>
>> I want to write an interactive installer for a plugin.
>>
> Might be overkill but Radiant CMS has a task called rake dn:bootstrap
> that asks some questions at the end. Would that help?

Looking through the source for Radiant shows that you should see:
http://dev.radiantcms.org/browser/trunk/radiant/lib/tasks/dat...
which connects to:
http://dev.radiantcms.org/browser/trunk/radiant/lib/radian...

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mohit.
8/13/2008 | 1:38 AM.

Steve Martocci

Thanks Mohit, that helps, I see the ask and agree methods there, I
should be able to follow from here.

Steve

d c

http://highline.rubyforg...

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 2:46 AM, Steve Martocci <smartocci@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Mohit, that helps, I see the ask and agree methods there, I
> should be able to follow from here.
>
> Steve

Avdi Grimm

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 2:43 PM, d c <lister@pikkle.com> wrote:
> http://highline.rubyforg...

Second this.

--
Avdi

Home: http:...
Developer Blog: http:.../devblog/
Twitter: http://twitte...
Journal: http://avdi.livej...

Steve Martocci

It looks like the radiant tasks I looked at were using highline, this is
perfect, thanks.