rake gems install with local .gem files

gsterndale

8/12/2008 1:57:00 PM

Hi All,

I'd like to take advantage of Rails 2.1 config.gem and rake gems
install when deploying (with Capistrano). Unfortunately, outgoing HTTP
is blocked in our production environment.

I'm considering keeping a directory of all required .gem files in our
repository and after exporting the repo on the server, pointing gem to
them with a .gemrc config file, but I haven't been able to figure out
how to do so.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Any alternate ideas?

Thanks!
1 Answer

Eric Hodel

On Aug 12, 2008, at 06:57 AM, gsterndale wrote:
> I'd like to take advantage of Rails 2.1 config.gem and rake gems
> install when deploying (with Capistrano). Unfortunately, outgoing HTTP
> is blocked in our production environment.
>
> I'm considering keeping a directory of all required .gem files in our
> repository and after exporting the repo on the server, pointing gem to
> them with a .gemrc config file, but I haven't been able to figure out
> how to do so.
>
> Does anyone know how to do this?

gem install --local