Second #ruby-pro gathering

Stefan Rusterholz

8/11/2008 9:35:00 PM

I'm proud to announce that #ruby-pro[1] will be holding its second
gathering[2]
on Friday, August 15th at 23.00 UTC.

The topic of the gathering will be git - tutorial, walkthrough and demo
through the distributed revision
control software, hosted by erikh.

To attend the gathering you need an IRC client[4] and join
#ruby-pro-gathering on irc.freenode.org.
The gathering is logged, so if you can't attend, you can read it later.

Regards
Stefan Rusterholz ("apeiros")

[1] #ruby-pro:
is an IRC channel[3] on irc.freenode.org where experienced and
advanced Ruby coders can meet and talk, and where less experienced
Rubyists
can read and learn.
For more information see ruby-pro.org

[2] gathering:
One of #ruby-pro's aims is to spread knowledge. To that end we hold
gatherings where topics are presented, each by a host and each in the
format the host of that topic considers best.
They are basically talks held via IRC.

[3] Internet Relay Chat (IRC):
is a form of real-time Internet chat or synchronous conferencing. It is
mainly designed for group communication in discussion forums called
channels, but also allows one-to-one communication via private message.
For more information, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_...

[4] IRC Clients:
I will list one per platform, feel free to search for better ones:
MacOSX: LimeChat, http://limechat.source...
Linux: X-Chat, http://...
Windows: mIRC, http://www...

Stefan Rusterholz

Just a small reminder, today in 11h (23.00 UTC) the #ruby-pro gathering
will take place. Everybody is welcome to join.

Regards
Stefan aka apeiros