Watir with javascript/css menus and events

Chad M.

8/5/2008 6:45:00 PM

Hi everyone,

So I have a small problem. I need to create a mock up of a Watir test
against a site that uses both javascript drop down menus as well as CSS
based drop down menus. I am unable to figure out how to get Watir to
access the menus. As an aside, I will also eventually need to figure
out how to have Watir fire off javascript actions on a page on command
if that is even possible. If anyone has any examples of this or knows
of a place where I can go to find some examples, that would be great.
Google has been of surprisingly little use on the matter.

Thanks for the help,

Chad

Bret Pettichord

The answer might be here
http://wiki.openqa.org/displ...

If not, we answer questions like this all the time on the Watir-General
google group. You are welcome to take it there.

Bret

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 1:44 PM, Chad M. <chadwickvm@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> So I have a small problem. I need to create a mock up of a Watir test
> against a site that uses both javascript drop down menus as well as CSS
> based drop down menus. I am unable to figure out how to get Watir to
> access the menus. As an aside, I will also eventually need to figure
> out how to have Watir fire off javascript actions on a page on command
> if that is even possible. If anyone has any examples of this or knows
> of a place where I can go to find some examples, that would be great.
> Google has been of surprisingly little use on the matter.
>
> Thanks for the help,
>
> Chad

Bret Pettichord
CTO, WatirCraft LLC, http://www.wati...