where is rubyforge gem?

Adam Shelly

8/1/2008 7:04:00 PM

At the moment, I'm behind a firewall which doesn't allow `gem install`
to reach the repository. But I can go to rubyforge and download gems
manually and do a `gem install -l`.
I was trying to update hoe, and I got this error

C:\ruby\localgems>gem install -l hoe-1.7.0.gem
ERROR: Error installing hoe-1.7.0.gem:
hoe requires rubyforge (>= 1.0.0, runtime)

My problem is that i can't find the rubyforge gem or project anywhere
on Rubyforge.
(even though it shows up in the top 20 list of downloaded gems...)
What's wrong with my search-fu?

-Adam

5 Answers

ara.t.howard

On Aug 1, 2008, at 1:03 PM, Adam Shelly wrote:

> At the moment, I'm behind a firewall which doesn't allow `gem install`
> to reach the repository. But I can go to rubyforge and download gems
> manually and do a `gem install -l`.
> I was trying to update hoe, and I got this error
>
> C:\ruby\localgems>gem install -l hoe-1.7.0.gem
> ERROR: Error installing hoe-1.7.0.gem:
> hoe requires rubyforge (>= 1.0.0, runtime)
>
> My problem is that i can't find the rubyforge gem or project anywhere
> on Rubyforge.
> (even though it shows up in the top 20 list of downloaded gems...)
> What's wrong with my search-fu?
>
> -Adam

it's in the codeforpeople project

a @ http://codeforp...
better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama

Ryan Davis

On Aug 1, 2008, at 12:03 , Adam Shelly wrote:

> At the moment, I'm behind a firewall which doesn't allow `gem install`
> to reach the repository. But I can go to rubyforge and download gems
> manually and do a `gem install -l`.
> I was trying to update hoe, and I got this error
>
> C:\ruby\localgems>gem install -l hoe-1.7.0.gem
> ERROR: Error installing hoe-1.7.0.gem:
> hoe requires rubyforge (>= 1.0.0, runtime)

Ara already answered you, but you're gonna have this problem again...

http://gems.rubyforge...

lets you grab any released gem directly.

wy

On Oct 21, 7:53 am, Vandar <vanda...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 6280 Dead, 1423 since 1/20/09 wrote:

> >>Not according to US law, they can't. But it's irrelevant, the Canadian
> >>government has already such talk is meaningless. Besides, Bush is
> >>already there. Already gave his speech. He's probably headed home by
> >>now.
> >>It's over. Done. Does not apply.
>
> > Bubbles, try to understand: US law doesn't apply in Canada.  It's a
> > different country.
>
> And Canadian law doesn't apply in the US... or Iraq.

Nobody said it applies in the US or Iraq. You're simply twisting the
whole point of the discussion into something it's not about because
you know you're at the losing end of it and you're feebly trying to
get the upper hand. The point is that US law doesn't apply in Canada
and if Canada wanted to apprehend Bush, it could very well have done
it, pure and simple, and the US could've done nothing about it but
squawk.

> > Now, personally, I'm sorry Canada didn't arrest his murderous ass, but I
> > knew that Harper and his government are pretty deficient, so I didn't
> > have high hopes.
>
> You're sorry that Canada didn't violate US sovereignty?

US sovereignty has no sovereignty in Canada.

Vandar

wy wrote:

> On Oct 21, 7:53 am, Vandar <vanda...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>6280 Dead, 1423 since 1/20/09 wrote:

>>>Bubbles, try to understand: US law doesn't apply in Canada. It's a
>>>different country.
>>
>>And Canadian law doesn't apply in the US... or Iraq.
>

> Nobody said it applies in the US or Iraq. You're simply twisting the
> whole point of the discussion into something it's not about because
> you know you're at the losing end of it and you're feebly trying to
> get the upper hand.

Yeah, that's what happened.

> The point is that US law doesn't apply in Canada
> and if Canada wanted to apprehend Bush, it could very well have done
> it, pure and simple, and the US could've done nothing about it but
> squawk.

You couldn't be more wrong. Ask the Canadian government. They'll agree
with everything I said.

>>>Now, personally, I'm sorry Canada didn't arrest his murderous ass, but I
>>>knew that Harper and his government are pretty deficient, so I didn't
>>>have high hopes.
>>
>>You're sorry that Canada didn't violate US sovereignty?
>

> US sovereignty has no sovereignty in Canada.

That's what you think. You are completely ignorant of both countries.

wy

10/22/2011

0

On Oct 21, 3:57 pm, Vandar <vanda...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> wy wrote:

> >>And Canadian law doesn't apply in the US... or Iraq.
>
> > Nobody said it applies in the US or Iraq.  You're simply twisting the
> > whole point of the discussion into something it's not about because
> > you know you're at the losing end of it and you're feebly trying to
> > get the upper hand.
>
> Yeah, that's what happened.

You've got that right.

> > The point is that US law doesn't apply in Canada
> > and if Canada wanted to apprehend Bush, it could very well have done
> > it, pure and simple, and the US could've done nothing about it but
> > squawk.
>
> You couldn't be more wrong. Ask the Canadian government. They'll agree
> with everything I said.

I did. And they thought you were stupid.

> >>You're sorry that Canada didn't violate US sovereignty?
>
> > US sovereignty has no sovereignty in Canada.
>
> That's what you think. You are completely ignorant of both countries.

Then ejakayte me, Billy-Bob. Let's see what next fiction you can come
up with that I just keep shooting down with my slingshot.