[ANN] One day Ruby event in London, later this year. Interested?

James Adam

8/1/2008 3:28:00 PM

Hi all,

We're thinking about putting a one-day Ruby event in London, later
this year. We want to try putting together an event, but organise it a
bit differently to regular conferences. In a nutshell:

* It should be cheap enough that you can pay for it from your own
pocket without feeling bad
* It should be organised completely transparently, with the
attendees deciding who'd talk and having a pretty good idea what
they're going to cover
* Any presentations should be relevant to the attendees, not self-
indulgent war stories or anecdotes with little value beyond a vaguely
warm fuzzy feeling.

Will it work? Who knows. To a large extent, it's entirely up to you.

But before we get into any of that, we'd like to know if it's
something you'd be interested in. Please visit http://rub...
and let us know.

Thanks!

James Adam
Murray Steele

2 Answers

Gerald Bauer

Hello,

> We're thinking about putting a one-day Ruby event in London, later this
> year. We want to try putting together an event, but organise it a bit
> differently to regular conferences. In a nutshell:
>
> * It should be cheap enough that you can pay for it from your own pocket
> without feeling bad
> * It should be organised completely transparently, with the attendees
> deciding who'd talk and having a pretty good idea what they're going to
> cover
> * Any presentations should be relevant to the attendees, not self-indulgent
> war stories or anecdotes with little value beyond a vaguely warm fuzzy
> feeling.
>
> Will it work? Who knows. To a large extent, it's entirely up to you.

It's definitely possible. I helped to organize with another
Vancouver.rb fellow a free (!) one-day Ruby (and Rails) (un)conference
in January in Vancouver, B.C on the West Coast in Canada in the
Americas and we will be back with in 2009! More @
http://rubycamp.wor...

Cheers.

--
Gerald Bauer - Internet and Rails Professional - http://r...

Shadowfirebird

Right country; wrong end. Sorry...

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 5:37 PM, Gerald Bauer <geraldbauer2007@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> We're thinking about putting a one-day Ruby event in London, later this
>> year. We want to try putting together an event, but organise it a bit
>> differently to regular conferences. In a nutshell:
>>
>> * It should be cheap enough that you can pay for it from your own pocket
>> without feeling bad
>> * It should be organised completely transparently, with the attendees
>> deciding who'd talk and having a pretty good idea what they're going to
>> cover
>> * Any presentations should be relevant to the attendees, not self-indulgent
>> war stories or anecdotes with little value beyond a vaguely warm fuzzy
>> feeling.
>>
>> Will it work? Who knows. To a large extent, it's entirely up to you.
>
> It's definitely possible. I helped to organize with another
> Vancouver.rb fellow a free (!) one-day Ruby (and Rails) (un)conference
> in January in Vancouver, B.C on the West Coast in Canada in the
> Americas and we will be back with in 2009! More @
> http://rubycamp.wor...
>
> Cheers.
>
> --
> Gerald Bauer - Internet and Rails Professional - http://r...

--
Me, I imagine places that I have never seen / The colored lights in
fountains, blue and green / And I imagine places that I will never go