Can't connect to MySQL server

Darshana Gangwal

7/29/2008 6:57:00 AM

Hi

I am trying to get connect to mysql database .
Facing Error: Can't connect to MySQL server on '64.95.73.14' (110)
(Mysql::Error)

Using Ruby: 1.8.6
mysql: 2.7
database machine ip: 64.95.73.14
Could someone provide any pointer??

Thanks
Darshana

kranthi reddy

Hey did you check with the premissions of mysql.
If you are a sudo user you must also give the username and password along
with the connections.
kranthi.

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Darshana Gangwal <darshna.17@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to get connect to mysql database .
> Facing Error: Can't connect to MySQL server on '64.95.73.14' (110)
> (Mysql::Error)
>
> Using Ruby: 1.8.6
> mysql: 2.7
> database machine ip: 64.95.73.14
> Could someone provide any pointer??
>
> Thanks
> Darshana

Dejan Dimic

On Jul 29, 9:13 am, kranthi reddy <kranth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [Note:  parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]
>
> Hey did you check with the premissions of mysql.
> If you  are a sudo user you must also give the username and password along
> with the connections.
> kranthi.
>
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Darshana Gangwal <darshna...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Hi
>
> > I am trying to get connect to mysql database .
> > Facing Error: Can't connect to MySQL server on '64.95.73.14' (110)
> > (Mysql::Error)
>
> > Using Ruby: 1.8.6
> >      mysql: 2.7
> >      database machine ip: 64.95.73.14
> > Could someone provide any pointer??
>
> > Thanks
> > Darshana
> > --

Can you manually log in using mysqlclient?