Recieve email in rails

Pragash Mr.

anybody knows how to implement receiving mail in rails plz reply me....

David Masover

On Tuesday 22 July 2008 23:31:17 Pragash Mr. wrote:
> Hi,
> anybody knows how to implement receiving mail in rails plz reply me....

There is no simple answer to what you're asking, and no, you probably cannot
do it directly in Rails.

If you're using an email provider, you could look at something like Fetchmail,
or look for Ruby libraries for POP3/IMAP.

If you can run your own mailserver, you could always setup an alias which
delivers to a local script. But again, this script won't be rails itself --
it would have to be something which either talks to your app via REST, or
loads up ActiveRecord and your model classes (slow), or talks to a DRb server
which loads up ActiveRecord and your model classes (good, but complex).