Detaching a gserver

Sven Schwyn

7/20/2008 12:40:00 PM

Hi there

I'm working on a policy server for Postfix and it works if used straight
from the commandline: The process forks, mama sleeps and waits for
SIGINT to stop the daemon.

Unfortunately, if I try to manage the service by an init-script with
start-stop-daemon it silently dies. My guess is that something's fishy
with the way I use Process.detach or maybe I should take more care of
STDIN, -OUT and -ERR.

Anybody knows of a project that uses the gserver class to build a daemon
so I could peek how they do it, probably even with a start-stop-daemon
example?

Thanks! -sven