Syntax Checker that's better than the normal syntax checker

Jacob Grover

7/15/2008 3:49:00 AM

I've been using the stupid built in syntax checker, it's been making
some mistakes is there any better syntax checker. Unrealistically, a
standalone application were you paste in your code and it checks it. But
anything other than the built in syntax checker will do.

Ben Bleything

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008, Jacob Grover wrote:
> I've been using the stupid built in syntax checker, it's been making
> some mistakes is there any better syntax checker. Unrealistically, a
> standalone application were you paste in your code and it checks it. But
> anything other than the built in syntax checker will do.

Uh... what?

If the built-in syntax checker isn't catching an error... it's not an
error. The "built-in syntax checker" is the interpreter itself.

Unless you're talking about an IDE or something, in which case you
should probably tell us what you mean...

Ben

Joel VanderWerf

Ben Bleything wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008, Jacob Grover wrote:
>> I've been using the stupid built in syntax checker, it's been making
>> some mistakes is there any better syntax checker. Unrealistically, a
>> standalone application were you paste in your code and it checks it. But
>> anything other than the built in syntax checker will do.
>
> Uh... what?
>
> If the built-in syntax checker isn't catching an error... it's not an
> error. The "built-in syntax checker" is the interpreter itself.
>
> Unless you're talking about an IDE or something, in which case you
> should probably tell us what you mean...
>
> Ben

Maybe he's referring to ruby -c ?

Ben Bleything

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008, Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> Maybe he's referring to ruby -c ?

Ah, that's a good point. And further perhaps he means "gives better
error messages", since we've probably all felt the pain of ruby -c
telling us that there's a syntax error on the last (blank) line of the
file.

Ben

Dave Bass

> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008, Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> Maybe he's referring to ruby -c ?

ruby -cw surely!

Ruby's error messages are horribly obscure compared with Perl's, which
are really quite friendly. A typical one would be something like "(Blah
blah blah) error. Maybe an unterminated string starting on line 42?" --
which it usually is. Or "Class Thing not found. Maybe you forgot to
include Thing.pm?" -- which is usually the case.

Dave

Jacob Grover

Dave Bass wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008, Joel VanderWerf wrote:
>> Maybe he's referring to ruby -c ?
>
> ruby -cw surely!
>
> Ruby's error messages are horribly obscure compared with Perl's, which
> are really quite friendly. A typical one would be something like "(Blah
> blah blah) error. Maybe an unterminated string starting on line 42?" --
> which it usually is. Or "Class Thing not found. Maybe you forgot to
> include Thing.pm?" -- which is usually the case.
>
> Dave
Cool, now I can use it because I would look for an endless string or too
little or too many ends and so on.

Tracey12

On Jul 7, 10:39 am, Yoorg...@Jurgis.net wrote:

> Historic number of Filibusters, obstruction, and blocking any/all
> legislation
>
> Even a halfwit like you can google the pictures (charts) of the job
> loos/job growth from 2007-2012 and shouldn't need an explanation what
> it means.

So historic number of filibusters, obstruction and blocking is what
you advise Obama to do?

Looks like youre a bit lost.

duke

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 09:39:07 -0600, Yoorghis@Jurgis.net wrote:

>On Sat, 7 Jul 2012 07:54:09 -0700 (PDT), Tracey12
><tracey12email@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Democrats, Obama has had 42 months to try to fix the economy. He has
>>failed at every turn.
>
>Historic number of Filibusters, obstruction, and blocking any/all
>legislation

The filibuster was invented by the 'rats. It's an excellent tool to keep the
minority in the game and from being bullied aside.

The dukester, American - American
A vote for obama is a vote for the end of
democracy in America as we know it. Let the
rolling thunder guide your decision at the
ballot box to put an end to Imperial Obama.
May God bless America.

Paul Duca