Timer program

Jacob Grover

7/14/2008 2:14:00 PM

I've been looking to enhance a timer program I've made. It's extremely
simple so I want to add new features like maybe an alarm when the times
up, I'm going to try to download an audio file such as an mp3 for an
alarm, would there be any way to not only run the sounds on my computer
but every other computer that the program is installed on. I was just
going to create the file for the program then the sub file for sounds.
Is there any way to tidy that up?

Dave Bass

Jacob Grover wrote:
> I've been looking to enhance a timer program I've made. It's extremely
> simple so I want to add new features like maybe an alarm when the times
> up, I'm going to try to download an audio file such as an mp3 for an
> alarm, would there be any way to not only run the sounds on my computer
> but every other computer that the program is installed on. I was just
> going to create the file for the program then the sub file for sounds.
> Is there any way to tidy that up?

Do you mean combine the MP3 file with the program? You could append your
MP3 file as data after __END__, or define it as a String within your
program. This will probably play havoc with your text editor though.
Better would be to convert the binary data to hex values. The pack and
unpack methods should help.

Dave

Mitchell Holman

duke <duckgumbo32@cox.net> wrote in

> On Fri, 6 Jul 2012 15:44:03 -0700 (PDT), Bruce WeinSteen
> <agamemnon48a@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Jul 6, 4:17?pm, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:

>>> God likes it.
>
>>God doesn't "employ" people. He doesn't pay them a wage.
>
>>If a Catholic Priest is a child molester, he is a denizen of God and
>>the Catholic Church.
>
> No, if a Jew molests a child, he is a man who is Jew, not a Jew who is
> man.

But if the Pope protects a pedophile he is still
Gods representative on Earth?