ruby extension for qt

dare ruby

7/11/2008 6:47:00 AM

Dear all,

I am planning to write 'ruby extension for accessing qt classes'( I dont
want to use the existing "qtruby" ).
if anyone having idea regarding this, please help me.

Thanks in advance.

regards.

Per Christian Viken

On 7/11/08, dare ruby <martin@angleritech.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am planning to write 'ruby extension for accessing qt classes'( I dont
> want to use the existing "qtruby" ).
> if anyone having idea regarding this, please help me.

I have a question. Why write your own, and not use the existing one?
Or why not modify (either just for yourself, or publish the changes
back) qtruby for your purposes?

I imagine that writing an extension for all Qts classes might be a lot
of work, and not something that's too quickly done, so not reinventing
the wheel might save you a lot of time and effort that could better be
spent on something else.

dare ruby

Per Christian Viken wrote:
> On 7/11/08, dare ruby <martin@angleritech.com> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I am planning to write 'ruby extension for accessing qt classes'( I dont
>> want to use the existing "qtruby" ).
>> if anyone having idea regarding this, please help me.
>
> I have a question. Why write your own, and not use the existing one?
> Or why not modify (either just for yourself, or publish the changes
> back) qtruby for your purposes?
>
> I imagine that writing an extension for all Qts classes might be a lot
> of work, and not something that's too quickly done, so not reinventing
> the wheel might save you a lot of time and effort that could better be
> spent on something else.

Dear Per Christian Viken,

many Thanks for your reply.
now my requirement is its enough to write QPainter alone.
I don't know how and where to start with. ( but I have done a general
sample from the link -
http://www.rubyinside.com/how-to-create-a-ruby-extension-in-c-in-under-5-minute...
(but inwindows)

NOTE: