Error installing sqlite gems

Andrea Aaa

7/9/2008 3:11:00 PM

I've tried from NetBeans to install sqlite gems, but I always got the
same error message:

JRuby limited openssl loaded. gem install jruby-openssl for full
support.
http://wiki.jruby.org/wiki/JRuby_Built...
ERROR: Error installing sqlite3-ruby:

C:/Programmi/NetBeans 6.1/ruby2/jruby-1.1/bin/jruby.bat.exe extconf.rb
install sqlite3-ruby --no-rdoc --no-ri --version > 0

Gem files will remain installed in C:/Programmi/NetBeans
6.1/ruby2/jruby-1.1/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.2 for
inspection.
Results logged to C:/Programmi/NetBeans
6.1/ruby2/jruby-1.1/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.2/ext/sqlite3_api/gem_make.out

What do I have to do to use sqlite gems? I'm new with ruby so maybe it's
a stupid problem.

Thanks to everyone

Andrea Aaa

Daniel Bye wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 12:11:28AM +0900, Andrea Aaa wrote:
>> C:/Programmi/NetBeans 6.1/ruby2/jruby-1.1/bin/jruby.bat.exe extconf.rb
>> What do I have to do to use sqlite gems? I'm new with ruby so maybe it's
>> a stupid problem.
>
> You can't use native extensions under JRuby yet. You will either need to
> install and use a native Ruby environment (how you do this depends on
> your OS), or select a different database backend - postgresql has a pure
> Ruby driver available, off the top of my head...
>
> Dan

Ok so what should I do with windows XP to run application with NetBeans
using those gems?

Thanks

Andrea

Andrea Aaa

Why i can't use sqlite3-ruby gems? it gives me this error:

c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`gem_original_require': no such file to load -- sqlite3-ruby (LoadError)

but i installed it! by the way, when it asks me wich version of gem I
want to install:

1. sqlite3-ruby 1.2.2 (mswin32)
2. sqlite3-ruby 1.2.2 (ruby)
3. sqlite3-ruby 1.2.1 (mswin32)
4. sqlite3-ruby 1.2.1 (ruby)

if I choose 1 or 3, it works but when I try to use them i get the error
above, while if i choose 2 or 4, it gives me this error:

> Building native extensions. This could take a while...
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::Installer::ExtensionBuildError)

ruby extconf.rb install sqlite3-ruby --no-rdoc --no-ri
--include-dependencies --version > 0

Gem files will remain installed in
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.2 for inspection.
Results logged to
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.2/ext/sqlite3_api/gem_make.out

I really don't know what to do, also becaus I'm new with ruby....

Thanks for help

Glen Holcomb

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 3:24 AM, Andrea Aaa <marchese58@libero.it> wrote:

> Why i can't use sqlite3-ruby gems? it gives me this error:
>
> c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
> `gem_original_require': no such file to load -- sqlite3-ruby (LoadError)
>
> but i installed it! by the way, when it asks me wich version of gem I
> want to install:
>
> 1. sqlite3-ruby 1.2.2 (mswin32)
> 2. sqlite3-ruby 1.2.2 (ruby)
> 3. sqlite3-ruby 1.2.1 (mswin32)
> 4. sqlite3-ruby 1.2.1 (ruby)
>
> if I choose 1 or 3, it works but when I try to use them i get the error
> above, while if i choose 2 or 4, it gives me this error:
>
> > Building native extensions. This could take a while...
> ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::Installer::ExtensionBuildError)
> ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.
>
> ruby extconf.rb install sqlite3-ruby --no-rdoc --no-ri
> --include-dependencies --version > 0
>
> Gem files will remain installed in
> c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.2 for inspection.
> Results logged to
>
> c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.2/ext/sqlite3_api/gem_make.out
>
> I really don't know what to do, also becaus I'm new with ruby....
>
> Thanks for help

From that first error message I would guess your require line is wrong. You
will need require 'sqlite3' not require 'sqlite3-ruby'

Hope that helps.

-Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)

Luis Lavena

On Jul 10, 3:23 pm, Glen Holcomb <damnbig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [Note:  parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]
>

> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 3:24 AM, Andrea Aaa <marches...@libero.it> wrote:
> > Why i can't use sqlite3-ruby gems? it gives me this error:
>
> > c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
> > `gem_original_require': no such file to load -- sqlite3-ruby (LoadError)
>
> > but i installed it! by the way, when it asks me wich version of gem I
> > want to install:
>
> > 1. sqlite3-ruby 1.2.2 (mswin32)
> > 2. sqlite3-ruby 1.2.2 (ruby)
> > 3. sqlite3-ruby 1.2.1 (mswin32)
> > 4. sqlite3-ruby 1.2.1 (ruby)
>
> > if I choose 1 or 3, it works but when I try to use them i get the error
> > above, while if i choose 2 or 4, it gives me this error:
>
> > > Building native extensions.  This could take a while...
> > ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::Installer::ExtensionBuildError)
> >    ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.
>
> > ruby extconf.rb install sqlite3-ruby --no-rdoc --no-ri
> > --include-dependencies --version > 0
>
> > Gem files will remain installed in
> > c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.2 for inspection.
> > Results logged to
>
> > c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.2/ext/sqlite3_api/gem_make.out
>
> > I really don't know what to do, also becaus I'm new with ruby....
>
> > Thanks for help
> > --
>
> From that first error message I would guess your require line is wrong.  You
> will need require 'sqlite3' not require 'sqlite3-ruby'

It also requires you load rubygems:

require 'rubygems'
require 'sqlite3'

# your code.

--
Luis Lavena

jwarner1

"f. barnes" wrote:

> On Nov 14, 10:47 am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> <xeton2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2009/nov/wash-county-passes-...
> > law
> >
> > Major U.S. County Passes Illegal Alien Sanctuary Law
> >
> > Last Updated: Fri, 11/13/2009 - 1:27pm
> >
> > A major U.S. county that has long offered illegal immigrants sanctuary
> > and taxpayer-financed services formalized its policy this week by passing
> > a law that prohibits public agencies and employees from asking a person?s
> > immigration status.
> >
> > With a 5-4 vote, lawmakers in Washington?s King County approved the
> > measure to officially make it an illegal immigrant sanctuary. The largely
> > upscale Seattle-area county of about 2 million residents has long offered
> > illegal aliens public services, including medical care at county-run
> > clinics, and the sheriff?s department has a don?t-ask-don?t-tell
> > immigration policy.
> >
> > But lawmakers wanted bona fide legislation in the county books to prevent
> > future administrations from violating the unwritten sanctuary policy. The
> > councilman (Larry Gossett) who sponsored the sanctuary law said it?s
> > intended to discourage racial profiling and ?ratchet down the fear level?
> > when illegal immigrants seek public health services or deal with law
> > enforcement officers.
> >
> > King County public clinics have offered illegal immigrants free medical
> > care since 1992 and the county?s Public Health Director says ?denying
> > access to care because of citizenship status is not good medicine?? A
> > councilwoman (Julia Patterson) who voted for the sanctuary law insists
> > she does not condone illegal immigration but says she supported the
> > measure because she?s in favor of ?humane treatment and care? for the
> > people in her community.
> >
> > Hundreds of municipalities nationwide provide illegal immigrants with
> > sanctuary and dozens have passed legislation to make it official. Among
> > them are practically every city in California, New Haven Connecticut,
> > Denver Colorado, Chicago Illinois, Cambridge Massachusetts, practically
> > the entire state of New Jersey, Washington D.C. and all of Oregon, to
> > name a few.

> > Everyone who voted for this is an anarchist and a traitor and should be
> > hung.
>
> They have declared themselves no longer subject to US law; made
> themselves a haven for those who flaunt US law; they have, in effect,
> seceded from the United States. Talk about way out there creepy
> extremists. It doesn't get anymore extreme than that.

I agree - cut them off!