keyboard events

psy

7/3/2008 9:18:00 PM

Hallo again people,

Im trying to write a script, which shall outputs data when a button
from the keyboard is pressed. Only the button, without pressing
<Enter>.
I was searching in the gems-list, but i did not find the right stuff.
If somebody has some idea - thanks.

Greetings,
Katja

3 Answers

Gordon Thiesfeld

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 4:18 PM, psy <psy@matt-schwarz.com> wrote:
> Hallo again people,
>
> Im trying to write a script, which shall outputs data when a button
> from the keyboard is pressed. Only the button, without pressing
> <Enter>.

I believe the highline gem can do this.

http://highline.ruby...

> I was searching in the gems-list, but i did not find the right stuff.
> If somebody has some idea - thanks.
>
> Greetings,
> Katja

George Malamidis

On 3 Jul 2008, at 22:18, psy wrote:

> Hallo again people,
>
> Im trying to write a script, which shall outputs data when a button
> from the keyboard is pressed. Only the button, without pressing
> <Enter>.
> I was searching in the gems-list, but i did not find the right stuff.
> If somebody has some idea - thanks.
>
> Greetings,
> Katja

Hello,

Have you seen eventmachine's keyboard events?

Thanks,
George

psy

"Gordon Thiesfeld" <gthiesfeld@gmail.com> wrote: