[ANN] UPnP 1.0.0 Released

Eric Hodel

6/30/2008 6:09:00 AM

UPnP version 1.0.0 has been released!

* http://seattler... - UPnP documentation
* http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=5921&gro... - UPnP bug
reports

UPnP-1.0.0 is an implementation of the UPnP protocol. The 1.0 release:

* Discovers UPnP devices and services via SSDP, see UPnP::SSDP
* Creates a SOAP RPC driver for discovered services, see
UPnP::Control::Service
* Creates concrete UPnP device and service classes that may be
extended with
utility methods, see UPnP::Control::Device::create,
UPnP::Control::Service::create and the UPnP-IGD gem.
* Does not support eventing
* Does not support server creation

UPnP comes with `upnp_discover` which searches for UPnP devices and
dumps information about them and `upnp_listen` which will listen for
device notifications.

2 Answers

Michael Morin

Eric Hodel wrote:
> UPnP version 1.0.0 has been released!
>
> * http://seattler... - UPnP documentation
> * http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=5921&gro... - UPnP bug reports
>
> UPnP-1.0.0 is an implementation of the UPnP protocol. The 1.0 release:
>
> * Discovers UPnP devices and services via SSDP, see UPnP::SSDP
> * Creates a SOAP RPC driver for discovered services, see
> UPnP::Control::Service
> * Creates concrete UPnP device and service classes that may be extended
> with
> utility methods, see UPnP::Control::Device::create,
> UPnP::Control::Service::create and the UPnP-IGD gem.
> * Does not support eventing
> * Does not support server creation
>
> UPnP comes with `upnp_discover` which searches for UPnP devices and
> dumps information about them and `upnp_listen` which will listen for
> device notifications.

I think there may be a dependency problem with your GemSpec. The UPnP
gem wouldn't work until I installed the soap4r gem, it should probably
be a dependency.

I got the following error:

irb(main):001:0> require 'UPnP'
Gem::LoadError: Could not find RubyGem soap4r (>= 0)

--
Michael Morin
Guide to Ruby

Eric Hodel

On Jun 30, 2008, at 01:45 AM, Michael Morin wrote:
> Eric Hodel wrote:
>> UPnP version 1.0.0 has been released!
>
> I think there may be a dependency problem with your GemSpec. The
> UPnP gem wouldn't work until I installed the soap4r gem, it should
> probably be a dependency.
>
> I got the following error:
>
> irb(main):001:0> require 'UPnP'
> Gem::LoadError: Could not find RubyGem soap4r (>= 0)

Yes, I am a bad person.