Any book on CGI programming in Ruby?

Tommy Nordgren

6/29/2008 7:04:00 PM

Do anyone know of a book about CGI programming with the Ruby language?
I've been unable to locate one on a Swedish internet bookstore.
"Home is not where you are born, but where your heart finds peace" -
Tommy Nordgren, "The dying old crone"
tommy.nordgren@comhem.se

3 Answers

Axel Etzold

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 04:03:47 +0900
> Von: Tommy Nordgren <tommy.nordgren@comhem.se>
> An: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org
> Betreff: Any book on CGI programming in Ruby?

> Do anyone know of a book about CGI programming with the Ruby language?
> I've been unable to locate one on a Swedish internet bookstore.
> "Home is not where you are born, but where your heart finds peace" -
> Tommy Nordgren, "The dying old crone"
> tommy.nordgren@comhem.se

I don't know of an entire book dedicated to CGI and Ruby exclusively, but
there's a chapter (No. 19) about that in Hal Fulton's Ruby Way, which is accessible online
on Safari.

http://safari.or...

You'll find also some material in Ruby Cookbook, also accessible via that website.

And, of course, there's Pickaxe:

http://phrogz.net/Progra...

Best regards,

Axel

Ideal für Modem und ISDN: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/s...

David A. Black

Hi --

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008, Axel Etzold wrote:

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Datum: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 04:03:47 +0900
>> Von: Tommy Nordgren <tommy.nordgren@comhem.se>
>> An: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org
>> Betreff: Any book on CGI programming in Ruby?
>
>> Do anyone know of a book about CGI programming with the Ruby language?
>> I've been unable to locate one on a Swedish internet bookstore.
>> "Home is not where you are born, but where your heart finds peace" -
>> Tommy Nordgren, "The dying old crone"
>> tommy.nordgren@comhem.se
>>

> I don't know of an entire book dedicated to CGI and Ruby exclusively, but
> there's a chapter (No. 19) about that in Hal Fulton's Ruby Way, which is accessible online
> on Safari.

It's probably not relevant to this inquiry, but I can't help
mentioning that there were two or three CGI Ruby books in Japanese as
of 2002. I don't know how many there are now or, more to the point,
whether they've been translated.

David

ADVANCING WITH RAILS July 21-24 Edison, NJ
See http://www.r... for details and updates!

Harry Kakueki

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 4:03 AM, Tommy Nordgren
<tommy.nordgren@comhem.se> wrote:
> Do anyone know of a book about CGI programming with the Ruby language?
> I've been unable to locate one on a Swedish internet bookstore.

Here is some more info.

http://www.ruby-lang.org/ja/man/htm...

Harry

--
A Look into Japanese Ruby List in English
http://www.kakueki.com/ruby...