rjb heap size OR call ruby methods from java

Shashank Agarwal

6/29/2008 4:58:00 PM

I've been using rjb (ruby java bridge) to use a method from a Java
library. Problem is, that I run out of heap while running that method.
I'm on a Windows machine, and I increased the max heap size for Java
from the Control Panel, but the problem continued. Is there a way to fix
that?

If not, is it possible to call Ruby methods from Java, something like
Inline? Xruby might help, but I wonder if it could help (never used it,
and the currently reported problems put me off).

Axel Etzold

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 01:58:13 +0900
> Von: Shashank Agarwal <shashank_hi@yahoo.com>
> An: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org
> Betreff: rjb heap size OR call ruby methods from java

> I've been using rjb (ruby java bridge) to use a method from a Java
> library. Problem is, that I run out of heap while running that method.
> I'm on a Windows machine, and I increased the max heap size for Java
> from the Control Panel, but the problem continued. Is there a way to fix
> that?
>
> If not, is it possible to call Ruby methods from Java, something like
> Inline? Xruby might help, but I wonder if it could help (never used it,
> and the currently reported problems put me off).

There is also jruby ... a Java implementation of the entire (or almost) Ruby language -- with this information on Java integration:

http://jruby.codehaus.org/Java+I...

Best regards,

Axel
Ideal für Modem und ISDN: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/s...