ANN: 7/11 & 7/25 ShoesFests with Why The Lucky Stiff

Dr. Ernie

6/27/2008 11:12:00 PM

why the lucky stiff and friends invite all interested Ruby hackers --
and wannabe hackers -- to join them for two 24-hour ShoesFests:

* Friday, July 11th noon GMT to Saturday, July 12th noon GMT

* Friday, July 25th noon GMT to Saturday, July 26th noon GMT

The goal is to write and share fun little applications using Shoes, a
clever little cross-platform GUI toolkit written in Ruby:

http://code.whytheluckystiff....

This will allow us to test, document, and file bugs on how the various
Shoes features work on the different supported platforms (Linux,
Windows, Mac), in preparation for our next major release on July 31st,
2008.

No Ruby -- or programming -- experience is required; we'd love to find
out how easy it is for novices to learn Shoes! Of course, if you
happen to know the Ruby C API, expert help is always appreciated.

The primary interaction will take place on the Shoes IRC channel:

#shoes on irc://irc.freenode.net

Spread the word! Everybody could use a nice set of Shoes. :-)

<http://ihack.us/2008/06/27/shoesfests-on-july-11th-and-july...
1 Answer

Alec Ross

In message
<122f8dfa-6745-40e1-b8be-3456fe8468fe@i36g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Dr.
Ernie <ernest.prabhakar@gmail.com> writes
>why the lucky stiff and friends invite all interested Ruby hackers --
>and wannabe hackers -- to join them for two 24-hour ShoesFests:
>
>* Friday, July 11th noon GMT to Saturday, July 12th noon GMT
>
>* Friday, July 25th noon GMT to Saturday, July 26th noon GMT

Will these be repeats, and thus alternatives for possible attendees; or
will the second carry on from the first?

--
Alec Ross