Re: Evolution bindings

Anthony Gardner

6/26/2008 5:25:00 PM

Okay, Tom, have installed that and will have a play around. My revious mail=
about 'where is it?' was referring to SVN.

I am a Ruby nood but not new to development. If this seems like it's worth =
carrying on, maybe I could help.

At present, though, I have to write a CMS in Rails and it has to integrate =
with Evolution so my time will be short for the next few months.

Will be in touch if I need help with it ;)

Thx

-Ants

Disclaimer: Technically speaking, I am always wrong!

--- On Thu, 26/6/08, Tom Copeland <tom@infoether.com> wrote:
From: Tom Copeland <tom@infoether.com>
Subject: Re: Evolution bindings
To: "ruby-talk ML" <ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org>
Date: Thursday, 26 June, 2008, 5:30 PM

On Thu, 2008-06-26 at 12:05 -0400, Tom Copeland wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 00:37 +0900, Anthony Gardner wrote:
> > I'm looking for a ruby/evolution binding. I've installed the
Hardy Heron binaries for Revolution but get an error with the following.
> > =20
> > require 'rubygems'
> > require 'revolution
> >=20
> > r =3D Revolution::Revolution.new
> > res =3D r.get_all_addressbook_sources()
> >=20
> > -- or --
> >=20
> > res =3D Revolution.get_all_addressbook_sources()
> >=20
> > ./revolution_test.rb:10: undefined method
`get_all_addressbook_sources' for Revolution:Module (NoMethodError)
> >=20
> > Maybe I'm doing sth wrong with my Ruby (bit of a Ruby noob)
> >=20
> > The last date in the Revolution discussion forum is 2005!! I'm
assuming this is no longer an ongoing project.
>=20
> Yeah, it's been a long time since I worked on that, and the docs on
> revolution.rubyforge.org seem to have been generated from the current
> code in Subversion. You may want to check out the code and build it
> from source.

I just rebuilt it from source and put the gem here:

http://rubyforge.org/frs/?grou...

You could download "revolution-0.5.gem.new" and give it a whirl,

Yours,

Tom=0A=0A=0A _________________________________________________________=
_=0ANot happy with your email address?.=0AGet the one you really want - mil=
lions of new email addresses available now at Yahoo! http://uk.doc...
om/ymail/new.html
1 Answer

Tom Copeland

On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 02:25 +0900, Anthony Gardner wrote:
> Okay, Tom, have installed that and will have a play around. My revious mail about 'where is it?' was referring to SVN.

No problem, it's here:

http://rubyforge.org/scm/?gr...

> I am a Ruby nood but not new to development. If this seems like it's worth carrying on, maybe I could help.
>
> At present, though, I have to write a CMS in Rails and it has to integrate with Evolution so my time will be short for the next few months.
>
> Will be in touch if I need help with it ;)

Got your email offline, will reply!

Yours,

tom