Re: Evolution bindings

Anthony Gardner

6/26/2008 5:04:00 PM

Okay, where is the SVN?

Thx

Disclaimer: Technically speaking, I am always wrong!

--- On Thu, 26/6/08, Tom Copeland <tom@infoether.com> wrote:
From: Tom Copeland <tom@infoether.com>
Subject: Re: Evolution bindings
To: "ruby-talk ML" <ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org>
Date: Thursday, 26 June, 2008, 5:03 PM

On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 00:37 +0900, Anthony Gardner wrote:
> I'm looking for a ruby/evolution binding. I've installed the Hardy
Heron binaries for Revolution but get an error with the following.
> =20
> require 'rubygems'
> require 'revolution
>=20
> r =3D Revolution::Revolution.new
> res =3D r.get_all_addressbook_sources()
>=20
> -- or --
>=20
> res =3D Revolution.get_all_addressbook_sources()
>=20
> ./revolution_test.rb:10: undefined method
`get_all_addressbook_sources' for Revolution:Module (NoMethodError)
>=20
> Maybe I'm doing sth wrong with my Ruby (bit of a Ruby noob)
>=20
> The last date in the Revolution discussion forum is 2005!! I'm
assuming this is no longer an ongoing project.

Yeah, it's been a long time since I worked on that, and the docs on
revolution.rubyforge.org seem to have been generated from the current
code in Subversion. You may want to check out the code and build it
from source.

Yours,

tom=0A=0A=0A _________________________________________________________=
_=0ANot happy with your email address?.=0AGet the one you really want - mil=
lions of new email addresses available now at Yahoo! http://uk.doc...
om/ymail/new.html
11 Answers

nwofantasy

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 08:44:49 -0700, "NWO" <nwo@global.net> wrote:

>Wrong again batboy. They 're not going to let you bat cleanup until you
>actually have an argument.

Like you have an argument?

>Again, Flight 93 landed in Cleveland. It did not crash in Shanksville.

United made a mistake. Delta 1989 landed in Cleveland. BTW, if
Flight 93 landed in Cleveland, where are the crew and passengers?
Where is the aircraft?

http://blogs.scripps.com/wcpo/staff/2006/02/wcpocoms_flight_93_...

WCPO.com's Flight 93 Story

I thought it was time to set the record straight on a website error
that's gotten out of hand.

I've been getting calls and e-mails for several years, all from folks
who have seen my byline on a story (Plane Lands In Cleveland; Bomb
Feared Aboard) about Flight 93, the plane that crashed in a
Pennsylvania field on September 11, 2001.

The story in question, an Associated Press bulletin, was posted on
WCPO.com during the morning of September 11, 2001. The story stated
that Flight 93 landed in Cleveland. This was not true.

Once the AP issued a retraction a few minutes later, we removed the
link.

There were two problems:

1)I only removed the link TO the story. We did not remove the story
itself. This was my error probably due to the busy nature of the day -
I was the only person updating the website until about noon that day,
and things were crazier than they?d ever been.

2) The byline was incorrect. In my haste, I pasted the ?Reported by:
9News Staff? byline from a previous story, but this was actually an
Associated Press story.

Sometime in 2003 I received an e-mail inquiring about the story. I
quickly removed the story, and wrote back to the person, thanking them
for the heads up about the incorrect story.

Things didn't stop there.

Messages and phone calls started coming in about "Why did the
government make me remove the story?" As is the nature of the net,
folks had gotten a hold of the old story and posted it on their own
blogs, fueling even more interest in the situation.

So, for everyone who is still wondering about this story, here are
some frequently asked questions. I'm hoping this clears everything up
once and for all!

1. Where did the original story come from?
The story was an Associated Press bulletin that came across the news
wires. Associated Press is a news service that many news organizations
subscribe to for non-local news. The idea is that a local news
organization can?t possibly have reporters everywhere in the world, so
for that reason, we publish stories written by Associated Press
journalists.

2. So you didn?t report the story yourself?
No, I work at the website in Cincinnati. I generally do not do any
reporting out in the field. Also, I was not in Cleveland, nor does
WCPO-TV have a Cleveland-based reporter. If you?re not familiar with
the geography of Ohio, Cleveland is a good four hours away from us.

There were two problems:

1) I only removed the link TO the story. We did not remove the story
itself. This was my error probably due to the busy nature of the day -
I was the only person updating the website until about noon that day,
and things were crazier than they?d ever been.

2) The byline was incorrect. In my haste, I pasted the ?Reported by:
9News Staff? byline from a previous story, but this was actually an
Associated Press story.

3. Why didn?t you remove the problem story page from the outset?
My mistake, that?s why. I removed the link TO the story, but didn?t
remove the actual story. Then, the story page was indexed by the major
search engines. I didn?t even know the story hadn?t been removed until
after I was contacted by a member of the public.

4. Why DID you remove the page?
Because it was in error.

5. Why did you create this FAQ page? Isn?t that just fueling the fire?
I?ve been getting a ton of phone calls and e-mails about this recently
and answering everyone would make it hard for me to get my day job ?
running the website ? accomplished. Also, unlike the old media
paradigm, which is ?ignore it and it?ll go away,? the Internet means a
two-way conversation with our website users. So, in the interest of
media transparency, this is my attempt to clear the air.

nograsponreality

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 08:46:59 -0700, "NWO" <nwo@global.net> wrote:

> [...]

3. Why didn?t you remove the problem story page from the outset?
My mistake, that?s why. I removed the link TO the story, but didn?t
remove the actual story. Then, the story page was indexed by the major
search engines. I didn?t even know the story hadn?t been removed until
after I was contacted by a member of the public.

4. Why DID you remove the page?
Because it was in error.

5. Why did you create this FAQ page? Isn?t that just fueling the fire?
I?ve been getting a ton of phone calls and e-mails about this recently
and answering everyone would make it hard for me to get my day job ?
running the website ? accomplished. Also, unlike the old media
paradigm, which is ?ignore it and it?ll go away,? the Internet means a
two-way conversation with our website users. So, in the interest of
media transparency, this is my attempt to clear the air.

NWO

<nwofantasy@imagination.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>
> 3. Why didn't you remove the problem story page from the outset?
> My mistake, that's why. I removed the link TO the story, but didn't
> remove the actual story. Then, the story page was indexed by the major
> search engines. I didn't even know the story hadn't been removed until
> after I was contacted by a member of the public.
>
> 4. Why DID you remove the page?
> Because it was in error.
>
> 5. Why did you create this FAQ page? Isn't that just fueling the fire?
> I've been getting a ton of phone calls and e-mails about this recently
> and answering everyone would make it hard for me to get my day job -
> running the website - accomplished. Also, unlike the old media
> paradigm, which is "ignore it and it'll go away," the Internet means a
> two-way conversation with our website users. So, in the interest of
> media transparency, this is my attempt to clear the air.

More government BS Mr. Government Shill.
How about a cite for the retraction?
Even if an Associated Press retraction happened, most will bet it was due to
government intervention. And nobody cares what a webmaster of a website is
saying.
They'll take orders from someone else if they want to keep their jobs. Just
like the firemen at WTC7.

There was lots of damage control going on soon after 911, no doubt about
that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sueAQB3fjqo&mode=related&a....

Still no crashed airliner in Shanksville PA. The evidence doesn't support
it. Only planted pieces and junk from an old mine which surfaced from a man
made explosion to give the appearance of some sort of a crash.

You're fooling noone.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable -
must be the truth!"- Doyle

http://www....

NWO

<nograsponreality@nwo.com> wrote in message
> [...]

More government BS Mr. Government Shill.
How about a cite for the retraction?
Even if an Associated Press retraction happened, most will bet it was due to
government intervention. And nobody cares what a webmaster of a website is
saying.
They'll take orders from someone else if they want to keep their jobs. Just
like the firemen at WTC7.

There was lots of damage control going on soon after 911, no doubt about
that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sueAQB3fjqo&mode=related&a....

Still no crashed airliner in Shanksville PA. The evidence doesn't support
it. Only planted pieces and junk from an old mine which surfaced from a man
made explosion to give the appearance of some sort of a crash.

You're fooling noone.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable -

nwotheidiot

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 16:06:03 -0700, "NWO" <nwo@global.net> wrote:

> [...]
>> My mistake, that's why. I removed the link TO the story, but didn't
>> remove the actual story. Then, the story page was indexed by the major
>> search engines. I didn't even know the story hadn't been removed until
>> after I was contacted by a member of the public.
>>
>> 4. Why DID you remove the page?
>> Because it was in error.
>>
>> 5. Why did you create this FAQ page? Isn't that just fueling the fire?
>> I've been getting a ton of phone calls and e-mails about this recently
>> and answering everyone would make it hard for me to get my day job -
>> running the website - accomplished. Also, unlike the old media
>> paradigm, which is "ignore it and it'll go away," the Internet means a
>> two-way conversation with our website users. So, in the interest of
>> media transparency, this is my attempt to clear the air.
>>

>More government BS Mr. Government Shill.

There isn't anything that will ever convince you, is there?

>How about a cite for the retraction?

You'd just deny it was real.

>Even if an Associated Press retraction happened, most will bet it was due to
>government intervention. And nobody cares what a webmaster of a website is
>saying.
>They'll take orders from someone else if they want to keep their jobs. Just
>like the firemen at WTC7.

ROTFLMAO.

>Still no crashed airliner in Shanksville PA. The evidence doesn't support
>it. Only planted pieces and junk from an old mine which surfaced from a man
>made explosion to give the appearance of some sort of a crash.

Keep making stuff up, sport.

>You're fooling noone.

You're the one who isn't fooling anyone.

nwotheidiot

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 16:06:17 -0700, "NWO" <nwo@global.net> wrote:

> [...]
>> remove the actual story. Then, the story page was indexed by the major
>> search engines. I didn't even know the story hadn't been removed until
>> after I was contacted by a member of the public.
>>
>> 4. Why DID you remove the page?
>> Because it was in error.
>>
>> 5. Why did you create this FAQ page? Isn't that just fueling the fire?
>> I've been getting a ton of phone calls and e-mails about this recently
>> and answering everyone would make it hard for me to get my day job -
>> running the website - accomplished. Also, unlike the old media
>> paradigm, which is "ignore it and it'll go away," the Internet means a
>> two-way conversation with our website users. So, in the interest of
>> media transparency, this is my attempt to clear the air.
>>

>More government BS Mr. Government Shill.

There isn't anything that will ever convince you, is there?

You'd just deny that it was real.

>Even if an Associated Press retraction happened, most will bet it was due to
>government intervention. And nobody cares what a webmaster of a website is
>saying.
>They'll take orders from someone else if they want to keep their jobs. Just
>like the firemen at WTC7.

ROTFLMAO.

<nwotheidiot@idiot.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>

> There isn't anything that will ever convince you, is there?
>
>>How about a cite for the retraction?
>
> You'd just deny it was real.
>
>>Even if an Associated Press retraction happened, most will bet it was due
>>government intervention. And nobody cares what a webmaster of a website is
>>saying.
>>They'll take orders from someone else if they want to keep their jobs.
>>Just
>>like the firemen at WTC7.
>
> ROTFLMAO.
>
>>Still no crashed airliner in Shanksville PA. The evidence doesn't support
>>it. Only planted pieces and junk from an old mine which surfaced from a
>>man
>>made explosion to give the appearance of some sort of a crash.
>
> Keep making stuff up, sport.
>
>>You're fooling noone.
>
> You're the one who isn't fooling anyone.

I'll take that as a defeat from you.

I have no reason to fool anyone, son.
You and the government have all the reasons, Mr. Government Shill.

"The World is beginning to doubt the moral basis of our fight against
terrorism"
-Colin Powell

> [...]
>>government intervention. And nobody cares what a webmaster of a website is
>>saying.
>>They'll take orders from someone else if they want to keep their jobs.
>>Just
>>like the firemen at WTC7.
>
> ROTFLMAO.
>
>>Still no crashed airliner in Shanksville PA. The evidence doesn't support
>>it. Only planted pieces and junk from an old mine which surfaced from a
>>man
>>made explosion to give the appearance of some sort of a crash.
>
> Keep making stuff up, sport.
>
>>You're fooling noone.
>
> You're the one who isn't fooling anyone.

I'll take that as a defeat from you.

I have no reason to fool anyone, son.
You and the government have all the reasons, Mr. Government Shill.

"The World is beginning to doubt the moral basis of our fight against

consheshnuss

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 15:54:49 -0700, "NWO" <nwo@global.net> wrote:

>"Iarnrod" <iarnrod@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Sep 29, 9:24 am, ady...@panix.com (Al Dykes) wrote:

>>> Did Flight 585 impact at 500MPH and a 40 degree angle? No? It does
>>> make a difference.
>>
>> It was nearly straight down. And it was pretty dang fast, over 200
>> knots, and accelerating into the ground.
>>

>Tweeters and shills were first in comparing 585 with Shanksville. Now it
>seems that it doesn't go along with the agenda because it turns out that
>there was ACTUAL WRECKAGE with the 585 crash.
>
>Pretty dang fast huh?
>That doesn't matter, there should have been some evidence of an airplane
>crash.
>You don't really believe that the airplane completely buried itself into the
>ground, wings, tail section, engines and all, do you. Poof...just
>disintegrated. Everything.
>I think your grasp on reality is a bit warped, but hey, that's just my
>opinion.
>
>"The World is beginning to doubt the moral basis of our fight against
>terrorism"
>-Colin Powell

They believe!!!!!!!!!!!

colinpowell

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 17:40:13 -0700, "NWO" <nwo@global.net> wrote:

><nwotheidiot@idiot.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 16:06:03 -0700, "NWO" <nwo@global.net> wrote:
>>

>>><nwofantasy@imagination.com> wrote in message

>>>More government BS Mr. Government Shill.
>>

>> There isn't anything that will ever convince you, is there?
>>
>>>How about a cite for the retraction?
>>
>> You'd just deny it was real.
>>
>>>Even if an Associated Press retraction happened, most will bet it was due
>>>government intervention. And nobody cares what a webmaster of a website is
>>>saying.
>>>They'll take orders from someone else if they want to keep their jobs.
>>>Just
>>>like the firemen at WTC7.
>>
>> ROTFLMAO.
>>
>>>Still no crashed airliner in Shanksville PA. The evidence doesn't support
>>>it. Only planted pieces and junk from an old mine which surfaced from a
>>>man
>>>made explosion to give the appearance of some sort of a crash.
>>
>> Keep making stuff up, sport.
>>
>>>You're fooling noone.
>>
>> You're the one who isn't fooling anyone.
>>

>I'll take that as a defeat from you.

And you would be wrong as usual.

>I have no reason to fool anyone, son.

Then why are you posting here? And why would you call me "son"?

>You and the government have all the reasons, Mr. Government Shill.

And what reason would I have to fool anyone?