File access

Justin To

6/24/2008 11:41:00 PM

Hello, just wondering how I would go about making a file read-only, and
writeable only through my program.

=D Thanks!

Iñaki Baz Castillo

El Mi=C3=A9rcoles, 25 de Junio de 2008, Justin To escribi=C3=B3:
> Hello, just wondering how I would go about making a file read-only, and
> writeable only through my program.

In which file system and operating system?
You need a file system supporting user/group permissions (as Unix/Linux any=
=20
filesystem). Windows with FATXX doesn't support it.

Then you must use File methods about file permissions.

=2D-=20
I=C3=B1aki Baz Castillo

Robert Klemme

http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/fileutils/rdoc/classes/FileUtils.ht...