Question concerning TkText list

Harry Truax

Hello,

I have implemented a list using TkText that holds a list of sales tax rates.
I am comparing this list to a list of other rates, which is also implemented
via a TkText widget. I was wondering how to highlight the rates (using a
different color) in the list that differ from the rates in the other list. I
am aware of TkList, but did not want to go that route on this project.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Harry

1 Answer

Hidetoshi NAGAI

From: "Harry Truax" <htruax@stf.com>
Subject: Question concerning TkText list
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 02:03:23 +0900
> I have implemented a list using TkText that holds a list of sales tax rates.
> I am comparing this list to a list of other rates, which is also implemented
> via a TkText widget. I was wondering how to highlight the rates (using a
> different color) in the list that differ from the rates in the other list.

Please use TkTextTag.
You can find examples using TkTextTag on "<ruby-src>/ext/tk/sample/*".
"<ruby-src>/ext/tk/sample/tkmulticolumnlist.rb" may be a useful example
for your purpose.

Or, do you want any other one?
--
Hidetoshi NAGAI (nagai@ai.kyutech.ac.jp)