How to determine the current controller?

Sven Gehring

6/24/2008 10:40:00 AM

Hi guys,

I want to build a generic navigation menu with partials in the style of

if current_controller == 'abcd'
render pratial 'abscd'

How can I determine the current controller from within the layout .rhtml
file without taking care of what action is executed?

If I use current_page?(:controller => 'abcd') it works as long as the
current_page is http://localhost:3000/abcd

nas

you have an instance variable available in your views called
@controller

hence you can use something like

if @controller.controller_name == 'abcd'
do something