Ruby lib to make a net use connection

Tristin Davis

Can someone point me to a Win32 module that can do net use commands from
ruby?
I.E net use \\machine_name , but programatically

2 Answers

Simon Blanco

Tristin Davis wrote:
> Can someone point me to a Win32 module that can do net use commands from
> ruby?
> I.E net use \\machine_name , but programatically

There are some ssh gems and alike on gems repos, if that's what you are
looking for.
Just typing "gem search -r net" on a console would show some gems that
would fit

Anyway you can use any windows command on ruby with system I.E system
'net use \\machine_name'

Hope it helps

Tristin Davis

I'm not looking for anything ssh. :) I'm trying to stay away from using
system, but I will if i absolutly must.