how to install gem from differnet location

Junkone

6/13/2008 1:38:00 AM

i always try to install gem using the gem tools. for eg gem install
<name>
how can i download and install a gem other than the
gems.rubyforge.org.

this is the gem i want to try.

http://trypticon.org/software/actionmess...
4 Answers

Damjan Rems

Junkone wrote:
> i always try to install gem using the gem tools. for eg gem install
> <name>
> how can i download and install a gem other than the
> gems.rubyforge.org.
>
> this is the gem i want to try.
>
> http://trypticon.org/software/actionmess...

gem install activerecord-sqlserver-adapter
--source=http://gems.rubyo...

or in your case

gem install agem
--source=http://trypticon.org/software/actionmess...

by
TheR

Junkone

On Jun 13, 1:47 am, Damjan Rems <d_r...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Junkone wrote:
> > i always try to install gem using the gem tools. for eg gem install
> > <name>
> > how can i download and install a gem other than the
> > gems.rubyforge.org.
>
> > this is the gem i want to try.
>
> >http://tryp...software/actionmess...
>
> gem install activerecord-sqlserver-adapter
> --source=http://gems.rubyo...
>
> or in your case
>
> gem install agem
> --source=http://tryp...software/actionmess...
>
> by
> TheR

I tried installing using your suggestion

U:\>gem install actionmessenger-0.2.0 --source=http://tryp...
software/actionmessenger/
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteSourceException)
HTTP Response 404

I am getting a 404. so i downloaded the gem to my local directory and
get a different kind of error. how do i convert the local source as a
url.

U:\>gem install actionmessenger-0.2.0 --source =c:\tempERROR: While executing gem ... (URI::InvalidURIError)
bad URI(is not URI?): =c:\temp\/yaml

appreciate any help in fixing my gem command it from the http source
or my local source

Appreciate any help

Seede

Phillip Gawlowski

Eric Hodel

On Jun 12, 2008, at 18:39 PM, Junkone wrote:

> i always try to install gem using the gem tools. for eg gem install
> <name>
> how can i download and install a gem other than the
> gems.rubyforge.org.
>
> this is the gem i want to try.
>
> http://trypticon.org/software/actionmess...

action_messenger is in the gems.rubyforge.org repository.

$ gem list -r action_m

*** REMOTE GEMS ***

action_messager (0.0.2)