Hash Bubble sort?

Justin To

6/11/2008 5:39:00 PM

How does one implement a bubble sort algorithm for a hash?

Thanks

Sebastian Hungerecker

Justin To wrote:
> How does one implement a bubble sort algorithm for a hash?

One does not as hashes are unordered and thus not sortable.

HTH,
Sebastian
--
Jabber: sepp2k@jabber.org
ICQ: 205544826

Justin To

Ah, I see! Thanks

Dave Bass

Sebastian Hungerecker wrote:
> One does not as hashes are unordered and thus not sortable.

Well if the keys can be ordered (e.g. are Comparable), the hash can be
sorted by keys. If the values can be ordered, the hash can be sorted by
values. Which you do depends on your requirements.

Lloyd Linklater

Justin To wrote:
> How does one implement a bubble sort algorithm for a hash?

If you want to write your own sort, you should know that bubble sorts
are deprecated. To get a good view of types of sorting algorithms, try
looking at http://www.cs.ubc.ca/spider/harrison/Java/sorting...
as they have show and tell with source code. Granted it is java, but
you can translate.

bubble_sort == bad

Sir Frederick

On Sun, 30 Mar 2014 01:14:19 GMT, usenet@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai
(Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:

>In article
><u09ej914asjccqgclodelq9ntpu6oaqm63@4ax.com>,
>mmcneill@fuzzysys.com posted:
>>
>> On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 11:36:52 -0700 (PDT), harry.pendergrass@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> >On Friday, March 28, 2014 7:24:46 AM UTC-7, Sir Frederick Martin wrote:
>> >>
>> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IHHA5YE/ref=oh_d__o02_details_o...
>> =UTF8&psc=1

>> Evolution

>> human

>> creation or

>> human

>> rise to

>> >The first problem is the assumption that there is a purpose. The second
>> problem
>> >is the assumption that there is an end point or pinnacle of evolution. There
>> is no
>> >such thing, unless there is Intelligent Design; that which evolves is that
>> which survives.
>> >No purpose is required. A third problem is the idea that there is such a
>> thing as an
>> >evolutionary successor. All species will eventually go extinct. The
>> extinction of a
>> >species doesn't mean that the remaining forms (assuming there are any) are
>> >"successors." The personification of nature is just a human foible.
>> >
>> >So this book you linked is essentially a religious text.
>>
>> 'Humans' need their stories. Whether objectively 'true' or not,
>> the brain based virtual reality of each 'human' needs stories to
>> deal with the mysteries and complexities. That includes such as
>> religion. - mmcneill@fuzzysys.com
>
>If stories are going to be needed then science would
>certainly be included in them.

Yes! The market for Science books is large.
As large as religious books. They are different,
but the brains are the same.

usenet

In article
<p21fj95gfl7ho88i9fatn3t0u3b8de64je@4ax.com>,
mmcneill@fuzzysys.com posted:

> Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
>
> >In article
> ><u09ej914asjccqgclodelq9ntpu6oaqm63@4ax.com>,
> >mmcneill@fuzzysys.com posted:

> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IHHA5YE/ref=oh_d__o02_details_o02__i00?ie=UTF8...

> >> Evolution

> of
> >> human

> >> creation or

> >> human

> >> rise to

> >> problem
> There
> >> is no
> >> which survives.
> >> thing as an
> >> extinction of a

> >> 'Humans' need their stories. Whether objectively 'true' or not,
> >> the brain based virtual reality of each 'human' needs stories to
> >> deal with the mysteries and complexities. That includes such as
> >> religion. - mmcneill@fuzzysys.com
> >
> > If stories are going to be needed then science would
> > certainly be included in them.
> >
> Yes! The market for Science books is large.
> As large as religious books. They are different,
> but the brains are the same.

These guys need to rewrite their fake-science papers into
fiction novels:

Science Confirms U.S. Scientists Lie More Than Any Other Scientists

By Casey Hendrickson
caseyandheathershow.com
Monday, November 22, 2010

Picture

Anyone with the IQ above your basic fecal speck knows
that global warming no longer exists, and never was the
result of man-made activity. False science doesn't end
there, however.

While a large volume of false scientific information is
distributed in the United States, the problem is much
more severe than we imagined.

As it turns out, you are far more likely to be given
inaccurate (or fabricated) scientific data by American
scientists, than any other group of scientists in the
world.

Physorg.com:

"US scientists are significantly more likely to publish
fake research than scientists from elsewhere, finds a
trawl of officially withdrawn (retracted) studies,
published online in the Journal of Medical Ethics."

http://www.physorg.com/news/2010-11-scientists-significantly-publish...

Hmmm ... how very interesting.

I remember being told in high school that scientists
don't make that much money. Times have changed, and
science is big business now. Have you ever wondered why
scientists do the stupid studies they do? It's because
they get money for doing them. Even though we already
know kids who drink more than four sodas per day tend to
bounce off of walls, we'll study it anyway to get the
money.

Not only are US scientists more likely to publish false
data than anyone in the world, but they are more likely
to be repeat offenders. They are also more likely to have
their work cited by other publications.

This explains so much, doesn't it?

US scientists, in an effort to make money, lie about
their scientific findings (ala climategate). This false
data is picked up by numerous publications (NY Times, LA
Times, WaPo, etc.), and is reprinted as if it were fact.
Now millions of Americans are convinced of some
scientific finding that is not rooted in fact. To make
matters worse, when the data is proven to be false (or
fabricated) and the findings are retracted, there is no
such retraction in the publications that helped
distribute that false data.

Finally, a study worthy of a government grant.

Casey Hendrickson

More at:

http://www.caseyandheathershow.com/1/post/2010/11/science-confirms-us-scientists-lie-more-than-any-other-scien...

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.j...

o o o

o Not for commercial use. Solely to be fairly used
for the educational purposes of research and open
discussion. The contents of this post may not have been
authored by, and do not necessarily represent the opinion
of the poster. The contents are protected by copyright
law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

o If you send private e-mail to me, it will likely
not be read, considered or answered if it does not
contain your full legal name, current e-mail and postal
addresses, and live-voice telephone number.

o Posted for information and discussion. Views
expressed by others are not necessarily those of the
poster who may or may not have read the article.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This article may contain copyrighted
material the use of which may or may not have been
specifically authorized by the copyright owner. This
material is being made available in efforts to advance
the understanding of environmental, political, human
rights, economic, democratic, scientific, social, and
cultural, etc., issues. It is believed that this
constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material
as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the
material on this site is distributed without profit to
the included information for research, comment,
discussion and educational purposes by subscribing to
USENET newsgroups or visiting web sites. For more
information go to:
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17...

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this article
for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you
must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed by forgery by one
or more net terrorists, this post may be reposted several
times.

usenet

In article
<634ac4f8-fbb6-4b09-b247-f022f7c2a169@googlegroups.com>,
harry.pendergrass@gmail.com posted:

> [...]
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> e of human
> >=20
> >=20
> reation or
> >=20
> >=20
> e human
> >=20
> >=20
> ive rise to
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > >
> >=20
> > >The first problem is the assumption that there is a purpose. The second=
> problem
> >=20
> > >is the assumption that there is an end point or pinnacle of evolution. =
> There is no
> >=20
> > >such thing, unless there is Intelligent Design; that which evolves is th=
> at which survives. =20
> >=20
> > >No purpose is required. A third problem is the idea that there is such =
> a thing as an=20
> >=20
> > >evolutionary successor. All species will eventually go extinct. The ex=
> tinction of a=20
> >=20
> > >species doesn't mean that the remaining forms (assuming there are any) a=
> re=20
> >=20
> > >"successors." The personification of nature is just a human foible.
> >=20
> > >
> >=20
> > >So this book you linked is essentially a religious text.
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > 'Humans' need their stories. Whether objectively 'true' or not,
> >=20
> > the brain based virtual reality of each 'human' needs stories to=20
> >=20
> > deal with the mysteries and complexities. That includes such as=20
> >=20
> > religion.
>
> Stories are the essence of consciousness. Life is itself experienced
> as a story. However, of what use is a story based on logical inconsistency,
> unless you are going for an absurdist surrealism?
>
> Humanity is no more a pinnacle of evolution than the cockroach.
>
> We came, we saw, we died. All things must pass.

Story educates and heals. Story entertains through drama,
movie, song and dance. Story motivates. History is story.
News is story. Everyone and everything has a story. Story
is King.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

http://tinyurl.com/...

usenet

In article
<ec475567-e341-44c7-92d3-00451b041d10@googlegroups.com>,
Arindam Banerjee <banerjeeadda1234@gmail.com> posted:

> [...]
> > >> >>
> >=20
> 02__i00?ie
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> re
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> pose of
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> the
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> l give
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > >> >
> >=20
> ond
> >=20
> >=20
> .. There
> >=20
> >=20
> that
> >=20
> >=20
> ch a
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> ) are=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > >> >
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > >
> >=20
> > > If stories are going to be needed then science would
> > > certainly be included in them. - Jai Maharaj
> >=20
> > >
> >=20
> > Yes! The market for Science books is large.
> > As large as religious books. They are different,
> > but the brains are the same. - mmcneill@fuzzysys.com
>
> So long as they understand that science stories need objective and peer
> validation to get any prestige while religious stories are self-sufficient.

Peer validation is pretty much political and corrupt
these days, so scientific objectivity bites the dust.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

http://goo...

usenet

In article
<2829531a-b0fe-485b-87e4-2565f3a75903@googlegroups.com>,
> [...]
> >=20
> 20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > > > >
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > > > >
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > >=20
> >=20
> > > So long as they understand that science stories need objective and peer
> >=20
> > > validation to get any prestige while religious stories are self-suffici=
> ent.
> >=20
> > > Cheers,
> >=20
> > > Arindam Banerjee
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > Peer validation is pretty much political and corrupt
> > these days, so scientific objectivity bites the dust.
> >
> > Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> > Om Shanti
> > http://goo...

> In the Western world, perhaps. You do open a huge can of worms when you sta=
> rt talking about which western conference or journal is more prestigious; t=
> he rating system, etc. In our RMIT orientation classes we were told that w=
> hile it certainly helps to get publication, you may get a PhD even without =
> publication, but then your thesis has to be invincible. Most thesis cannot =
> hope to be that strong, so without some publication in some name journal th=
> ere is little or no chance. There is enormous pressure as a consequence up=
> on all parties. But, we were strongly advised to remain totally honest in o=
> ur efforts. But again, so much funding is related to your publication level=
> s, the temptation is there on all sides. Mercifully in most of my career I=
> never had to publish, just produce stuff as I was paid for same by compani=
> es. As I find, academia is a totally different ball game.
> =20
> Fortunately the western world with its set einsteinian views is not the onl=
> y place where one may publish. My recent paper (published in an IEEE confer=
> ence, ICEMS2013) was accepted by two South Korean professors. I had a great=
> time in Busan, Korea. South Korea is very westernised apart from their scr=
> ipt and language and food, but if you go to an old temple by the sea you ma=
> y find some genuine aspects of traditional Korean culture. I bought some g=
> ifts for my family from the shops around the temple. It was a rather Hindu=
> -Buddhist type environment there, narrow road, small shops around, you know=

Is your paper about rail gun recoil?