webrick cpu usage?

Christian Kerth

6/11/2008 11:25:00 AM

Hey!

My application runs on a webrick server.
When i open the browser and access the application, the cpu usage is
around 40%.
While i stay on a page and do nothing, the usage doesn't go down again.
When i close the browser, it drops to around 5%.

Why does the server use that much cpu time, even when not processing
requests?
Is there a way to lower cpu usage?

thx

David Masover

On Wednesday 11 June 2008 06:24:50 Christian Kerth wrote:
> My application runs on a webrick server.
> Why does the server use that much cpu time, even when not processing
> requests?

That depends very much on your application. Maybe your browser is holding a
connection open. Maybe it really is still processing that request.

Have you tried a simple "Hello world" in Webrick?

Christian Kerth

David Masover wrote:
> That depends very much on your application. Maybe your browser is
> holding a
> connection open. Maybe it really is still processing that request.
>
> Have you tried a simple "Hello world" in Webrick?

The funny thing is, the cpu load stays on a high level only on vista.
Under XP SP2 the load immediately drops(0-3%) when the server finished
processing the request. Are the any known issues with webrick and vista?

thx .... ck