DLL Function Type Specifications

Ben Men

6/10/2008 4:03:00 PM

I'm not sure if this is Rails specific, but I'm leaning towards thinking
it's not, so please excuse me if this post is in the wrong forum.

I'm attempting to wrap a Windows DLL function, and I don't know what the
type specifications I should be using are. A working example in my app
looks like:

require 'dl/win32'
AdvApi32 = DL.dlopen("advapi32")
logon_user = AdvApi32['LogonUser', 'ISSSIIp']
r,rs = logon_user.call(username, domain, password,
LOGON32_LOGON_NETWORK, LOGON32_PROVIDER_DEFAULT, ptoken)

The bit that I'm stuck on is the 'ISSSIIp' part, which defines the
arguments that "LogonUser" is expecting to take. I have no idea what
type specifications are available to me, and have found no documentation
on it. Any help? So far, I've surmised that DD is a double, IS and S
are strings (?), I is an int, and P is some sort of pointer maybe? It
also looks like IL is some sort of pointer as well ?