Ruby IDE

Guillermo.Acilu

Hello guys,

I've been trying Ruby for a while in Mac OS X 10.5, but I am working with
Textmate as text editor and running from the command line. I would like to
be able to do more things like debug or running the application with F5 or
something like this.

I've been trying Apple Xcode and it works good, but it is all prepared to
work Cocoa and not for a Ruby and Rails application for instance.

What IDE would you suggest?

Thanks in advance,

Guillermo

1 Answer

Leslie Viljoen

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 4:18 PM, <Guillermo.Acilu@koiaka.com> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I've been trying Ruby for a while in Mac OS X 10.5, but I am working with
> Textmate as text editor and running from the command line. I would like to
> be able to do more things like debug or running the application with F5 or
> something like this.
>
> I've been trying Apple Xcode and it works good, but it is all prepared to
> work Cocoa and not for a Ruby and Rails application for instance.
>
> What IDE would you suggest?

Netbeans and Aptana are two IDE's that offer debugging. Netbeans
is slow but IMO has the best Ruby support an IDE could hope for. Aptana is
faster and lighter but with less features.

Les