Re: Mysql & Ruby in windows, it's possible ?!

Roger Pack

6/5/2008 11:08:00 PM

> Could you help-me? Please and thanks!
try the OCI + mysql gem + latest mysql binary. [?]

Bruno Moura

Roger Pack wrote:
>> Could you help-me? Please and thanks!
> try the OCI + mysql gem + latest mysql binary. [?]

What's OCI?

I have mysql gem installed and mysql binary is new.

Roger Pack

Bruno Moura wrote:
> Roger Pack wrote:
>>> Could you help-me? Please and thanks!
>> try the OCI + mysql gem + latest mysql binary. [?]
>
> What's OCI?
>
> I have mysql gem installed and mysql binary is new.

one click installer

Luis Lavena

On Jun 6, 5:55 am, Bruno Moura <brunormo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Roger Pack wrote:
> >> Could you help-me? Please and thanks!
> > try the OCI + mysql gem + latest mysql binary.  [?]
>
> What's OCI?
>
> I have mysql gem installed and mysql binary is new.

What version of MySQL? what error are you getting? can you provide
code to reproduce it?

You don't give us enough tools to actually help you, no matter how
hard we try, I never got my diploma on telepathy.

FYi, if you're using MySQL 5.1 windows Mysql gem will not work, there
are some changes in the underlying mysql library that break
compatibility between 5.0 and 5.1.

HTH,
--
Luis Lavena

Bruno Moura

Luis Lavena wrote:
>> > try the OCI + mysql gem + latest mysql binary. �[?]
>>
>> What's OCI?
>>
>> I have mysql gem installed and mysql binary is new.
>
> What version of MySQL? what error are you getting? can you provide
> code to reproduce it?
>
> You don't give us enough tools to actually help you, no matter how
> hard we try, I never got my diploma on telepathy.
>
> FYi, if you're using MySQL 5.1 windows Mysql gem will not work, there
> are some changes in the underlying mysql library that break
> compatibility between 5.0 and 5.1.
>
> HTH,

The version is 5.0.27 , but with rails works fine...

It´s possible