[ANN] Erubis 2.6.1 released - Rails 2.1 support

Makoto Kuwata

6/5/2008 8:42:00 PM

I have released Erubis 2.6.1.
http://www.kuwata-lab.c...
http://www.kuwata-lab.co...
Erubis is another eRuby implementation which is very fast and
extensible than ERB and eruby.

Enhancements from 2.6.0:

* Rails 2.1 support. (special thanks José Valim)

If you have got any errors or problems, please tell me.

--
regards,
makoto kuwata

8 Answers

Ollivier Robert

In article <1c512bca-9f8a-4be4-b29e-5402384d861b@s21g2000prm.googlegroups.com>,
makoto kuwata <kwa@kuwata-lab.com> wrote:
>I have released Erubis 2.6.1.
>http://www.kuwata-lab.c...
>http://www.kuwata-lab.co...
>Erubis is another eRuby implementation which is very fast and
>extensible than ERB and eruby.

It is compatible with Ruby 1.9?
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- EEC/RIF/SEU -=-
Systems Engineering Unit

Makoto Kuwata

On Jun 6, 5:53 pm, Ollivier Robert <robe...@REMOVETHIS.eu.org> wrote:
> In article <1c512bca-9f8a-4be4-b29e-5402384d8...@s21g2000prm.googlegroups.com>,
> >extensible than ERB and eruby.
>
> It is compatible with Ruby 1.9?

Currently, no.
I'll support 1.9 next release.

--
regards,
makoto kuwata

R. Elliott Mason

This doesn't install for me, at least on Windows.

ERROR: While executing gem ... (Errno::EINVAL)
Invalid argument -
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/erubis-2.6.1/lib/erubis/co
nverter.rb:

There's this (bogus?) file called "converter.rb:" (colon at the end)
that ruins everything prematurely. It's a 0-byte file and I believe
it's unneeded and doesn't belong.

This is causing me a lot more grief than expected. A lot of other gems
I am trying to install (merb, for example) depend on erubis and despite
the fact that I have erubis 2.6.0 installed, every gem keeps keeps
trying to install 2.6.1. If I --ignore-dependencies that causes crucial
parts of the gem(s) to not get installed. I tried fixing it myself by
removing convert.rb: but for some reason that ruins the gem and then I
can't install it at all. Any help would be appreciated.

(Is there a way to install a gem while ignoring only a specific
dependency?)

Mike Hodgson

On Jun 12, 12:29 am, "R. Elliott Mason" <sire...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This doesn't install for me, at least on Windows.
>
> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Errno::EINVAL)
>     Invalid argument -
> c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/erubis-2.6.1/lib/erubis/co
> nverter.rb:
>
> There's this (bogus?) file called "converter.rb:" (colon at the end)
> that ruins everything prematurely.  It's a 0-byte file and I believe
> it's unneeded and doesn't belong.

Hello,

I'm receiving this exact same error on Windows, except there is no
"converter.rb:" (with the colon) being created in my case.

Regards,
Mike Hodgson

R. Elliott Mason

It doesn't get created for me either. It's a file within the gem. If
you download the gem file from the website, rename it .zip and crawl
through it as an archive you'll find converter.rb: within the gem
itself. I think the colon at the end prevents it from being copied when
you try to install. At least on Windows, you can't have colons in
filenames, which is maybe why the gem can't be installed.

Mike Hodgson wrote:
> On Jun 12, 12:29�am, "R. Elliott Mason" <sire...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This doesn't install for me, at least on Windows.
>>
>> ERROR: �While executing gem ... (Errno::EINVAL)
>> � � Invalid argument -
>> c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/erubis-2.6.1/lib/erubis/co
>> nverter.rb:
>>
>> There's this (bogus?) file called "converter.rb:" (colon at the end)
>> that ruins everything prematurely. �It's a 0-byte file and I believe
>> it's unneeded and doesn't belong.
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm receiving this exact same error on Windows, except there is no
> "converter.rb:" (with the colon) being created in my case.
>
> Regards,
> Mike Hodgson

Lee Jeffery

On Jun 12, 7:16 pm, "R. Elliott Mason" <sire...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It doesn't get created for me either.  It's a file within the gem.  If
> you download the gem file from the website, rename it .zip and crawl
> through it as an archive you'll find converter.rb: within the gem
> itself.  I think the colon at the end prevents it from being copied when
> you try to install.  At least on Windows, you can't have colons in
> filenames, which is maybe why the gem can't be installed.
>

> Mike Hodgson wrote:
> > On Jun 12, 12:29?am, "R. Elliott Mason" <sire...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> This doesn't install for me, at least on Windows.
>
> >> ERROR: ?While executing gem ... (Errno::EINVAL)
> >> ? ? Invalid argument -
> >> c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/erubis-2.6.1/lib/erubis/co
> >> nverter.rb:
>
> >> There's this (bogus?) file called "converter.rb:" (colon at the end)
> >> that ruins everything prematurely. ?It's a 0-byte file and I believe
> >> it's unneeded and doesn't belong.
>
> > Hello,
>
> > I'm receiving this exact same error on Windows, except there is no
> > "converter.rb:" (with the colon) being created in my case.
>
> > Regards,
> > Mike Hodgson

Same problem here, but you can install it if you download the .tar.bz2
from RubyForge and package it yourself.
http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/37947/erubis-2.6...

Just extract it somewhere, then change into the directory and do the
following:
gem build erubis.gemspec
gem install --local erubis-2.6.1.gem

R. Elliott Mason

Yeah I was JUST about to post that here. I didn't realize I could do
that until a few minutes ago. Got it installed now.

Makoto Kuwata

"R. Elliott Mason" <sire...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It doesn't get created for me either.  It's a file within the gem.  If
> you download the gem file from the website, rename it .zip and crawl
> through it as an archive you'll find converter.rb: within the gem
> itself.  I think the colon at the end prevents it from being copied when
> you try to install.  At least on Windows, you can't have colons in
> filenames, which is maybe why the gem can't be installed.

I have released Erubis 2.6.2 which fixed the above problem.
(And Erubis now supports Ruby 1.9.)
Thank you for our report.

--
makoto kuwata